Draco Alert!

Glamdring

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Death Machines. What do we know so far?

I have encountered two types of ships and fleets.

I have seen 4 light cruiser fleets:-

[Zulu] K0814-2
3 CL K4S (Light Cruiser - 224,700 tons)

CL K4S (Light Cruiser - 224,700 tons) [integrity: 1,261,680 / 1,261,680] (Green, Timid)
225 Battle Imaging System, 10,000 Cargo Bay, 3 Fuel Shuttle, 45,000 Fuel Tankage, 48 Light Sonic Disintegrator
1 Mk I Fusion Engine, 1 Mk I Fusion Jump Drive, 1,125 Pulse Laser CIDS, 54,600 Selenite Battle Weave
Sonic: 268,800
Maneuverability: 0.00, Missile Defense: 50.10 %

And two minelayer fleets:-

[Zulu] X0814-2
1 ML EX4M (Minelayer - 60,000 tons)

ML EX4M (Minelayer - 60,000 tons) [integrity: 389,980 / 389,980] (Green, Timid)
180 Burst Mine Rack, 3 Fuel Shuttle, 12,000 Fuel Tankage, 1 Mk I Fusion Engine, 1 Mk I Fusion Jump Drive
2 Mk IV Jump Survey Sensor, 17,100 Selenite Battle Weave
Mines: 79,200
Maneuverability: 0.01, Missile Defense: 0.00 %

In addition, the name of the fleet seems to indicate the Death Machine Sector Command. I saw this warning and fleet at the same location:-

<< System Beacon >> THIS SYSTEM IS INTERDICTED BY DMX SECTOR 0511 WARSHIPS -- FURTHER INCURSIONS WILL RESULT IN THE
EXTERMINATION OF YOUR SPECIES

[Zulu] K0511-4
3 CL K4S (Light Cruiser - 224,700 tons)

So far I have encountered fleets from Sectors 511, 614 and 814.

I suspect the "Sectors" are systems ie all Death Machines built in system number 511 will belong to 511 command, but that is pure speculation at this point.

What have other people encountered?

• 2 weeks later...

Two Death Machine fleets of Light Cruisers ambushed one of my pathfinders exploring far from home. Resistance was futile........for now at least.

If anyone cares the enemy fleets were KO233-1 & 4. This of course means fleets 2 & 3 &5,6.... are somewhere nearby.

The cruisers were carrying system beacons and fusion bombs. I noted no system beacon alerts so it would appear these fleets arrived at the same time I arrived.

• 1 month later...

One of my valiant, enhanced pathfinders penetrated DEEP into DMX space via a one-way gate. Further evasive maneuvers lead me to a CORE DMX world. Quite a sight to behold and I suspect I have information of great value. Orbital Mining Shuttles were just one item of interest but I think I will keep the rest to myself until I learn the value of this information.

perhaps the Older Andomeda players already have this information or even more. If so please share so we can see the extent of the changes in Draco.

Yes........ my enhanced pathfinder was vaporized but the Emergency Distress Beacon got a report back to HQ that was worth the Pathfinders demise.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the DMX ships posted earlier don't have any shields on them. I'm a little surprised at that. Begs the question, do the DMX enclaves actually research new techs as time goes on? Or do they continue to pump out the ship designs they currently have in their libraries without innovations?

I suspect that the DMX's fleets will 'adapt' to the increasing technology levels of us dreaded biologicals. Right now they don't need shields against what is generally the pathetic firepower of our ships. I'm sure there are a few of us who are kicking DMX arse but not enough to warrant a general increase in DMX item tech.

• 1 month later...

I encountered a new class of Death Machine ship this turn - a Heavy Cruiser.

CA HK7B (Heavy Cruiser - 500,000 tons) [integrity: 6,149,000 / 6,149,000] [shields: 315,000 / 315,000] (Green, Timid)

2,000 8cm Gatling CIDS, 10,000 Cargo Bay, 103,800 Cordellium Composite, 200 Crystallizer, 250 FCS-1 Archer Fire Control

10 Fuel Shuttle, 50,000 Fuel Tankage, 450 Mk III Force Shield, 1 Mk IV Nuclear Engine, 1 Mk IV Nuclear Jump Drive

Cold: 1,600,000

Maneuverability: 0.00, Missile Defense: 70.60 %