Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco AP 1

richardjohns

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it is nice to hear everyone's opinions they help the rabbits decide on a direction. Of course, they can decide where they want to live. My greatest growth is still on my is neck and neck gas giant vs asteroid belt. I know Pete is probably having fun playing a few empires himself.

It may be doable but with standard colonial berthings it wouldn't be very practical. To move about 95% of a starting positions HW would require at least 20 billion iron to be mined or produced from RR's and then that iron would need to be converted to steel which then could be processed into berthings. It would take 14 years of real game time to build 500000 colonial berthings assuming 100 million

iron per turn being produced and a production capability of 200 million per turn. The time would be shortened considerably if the player upgraded all IC's to improved and got to 3rd generation industrial science but this would take time as well. Now if there are improved colonial berthings in the game them it would take even less time. Getting to 100 million iron per turn produced would also take some serious colony development or perhaps heavy use of DCS'ers on a few high potential iron worlds.

It is still possible. I can't imagine needing to worry about it until after capturing several additional hw. However, once that has happened I do not think it is too farfetched to come up with 20,000 colony berths. Even this early in the game i know of players with 5000+ of them.

Anyway, with 20,000 or more of them you could really start to depopulate a hw.

So, I continue to build colony berths every turn, don't you?

By the time you need them you should also have better engines and twd's. Then you could easily siphon off 5-10k a turn. It will take a while to move everything, but it can still be done.

Hey I'm one of them! I have a little over 5000 of them You are correct though, as in that context it will be possible. It will just take awhile. I was thinking a much shorter time span as in getting out of dodge before the huge mutated alien storm troopers arrived to decimate your HW. :)

Building the Fleet to conquer another HW is just one part of the equation. The other is getting enough troops to the party to actually conquer it. :) In Andromeda

it was common practice to establish a beachhead and then gate in a bunch of reinforcements. In Draco ALL troops will have to be physically transported to the target and that in itself will be quite the mission. Did anyone else notice that troop berthings construction requirements have increased by 60%?

I think the increase is offset by the decrease in colony berthing and colony bays. However, the cost of colony bays and cargo bays effectively make them better than AP 2.

Differences between Andromeda and Draco

Resource Andromeda/Draco

Cargo Bay Steel 5/2

Colonial Berthing Steel 50000/20000

Construction Materials Timber 2/1

Consumer Goods Light Metals 2/1

Electronics Refined Crystals 2/1

Fuel Gaseous Elements 3/1

Fuel Tankage Steel 5/2

Heavy Machinery Steel 3/2

Luxury Goods Precious Metals 2/1

Petroleum Petrochemicals 3/2