Rolling Thunder Forums

Versions of SNFindPath

cestvel

I was thinking of adding an export feature to a dot-file. More support would

be real work, as this is only a small tool, which took only minor work sor far, but

incorporating a call to graphviz would be much more configuration work.

The Exporting feature would only free you from entering the Warppoint and systems once.

But I do not see the need of this on an ongoing basis. So I decided, not to do something like that. But feel free to make suggestions, of how you would like to see it combined with graphviz.

My suggestion is to not allow feature bloat to ruin an otherwise simple and elegant app. Fix bugs if they're found. Enhance current functionality if needed. But don't add new features without really strong justification. It's a relatively perfect tool as is.

Although I have not yet tried this software solution and hope it is as good as everyone is saying, I would suggest that truer words (about feature bloat :blink: ) were never uttered!

Octus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My compliments on an excellent tool, our Empires uses it reguarly. Should you ever come across the GGT you have 500 Mk VII Force Shields laying waiting in royalty payment :)

:)

/Locklyn

Trust me, with 500 Mk VII Force Shields you have QUITE the protection, if you need more, then you probably shouldn't be in Gremloid Space to begin with since you've apparently brought trouble with you. The Vietarmis region is a peaceful quiet region of space

/Locklyn

Our Region of Space was once quite peaceful, but the Instellar Cloud of Free-Floating Bitterness has apparently floated through and we've got conflicts abrewing all around us. :cheers: The Holy Brotherhood of Brewmasters came by earlier and there was much rejoicing as what they caused to be abrewing around us was a cornucopia of beverages. :) Alas, that was many cycles ago. Now the Free-Floating Bitterness has made the Beer Bitter and the Bitter Beer Face epidemic has led to more and more aggressive actions. :)

Oh well ... war must be inevitable for some species. :)

-SK :)

My compliments on an excellent tool, our Empires uses it reguarly. Should you ever come across the GGT you have 500 Mk VII Force Shields laying waiting in royalty payment :)

/Locklyn

I will remind you of that promise ;-).

As my oldest empire seems to be in your neigbourhood.

Yours

Cesvtel

Excellent tool!  :)

Thanks for sharing it.  In gratitude, I will conquer your Empire last.  :)

:cheers: Gotta hand it to you Azuth, you get highest points for Consistency, Class and Style :)

I will be honoured by your presence on the fields of battle once we stumble across each other, one could be destroyed by far lesser beings!

/Locklyn

• 1 month later...

Hi Surveyers,

due to suggestions made by a user of the program a new version of SNFindpath 2.03 (SNFindPath203.zip) is available.

Enhancements:

- Workaround for the unsurveyed Warpoints in the datafile, which are really surveyed added (they are no longer regognized as unsurveyed)

- You can now select more than one empire datafile (for those lucky to have connected empires)

Thats it. Have fun.

Cestvel

Hi Surveyers,

due to suggestions made by a user of the program a new version of SNFindpath 2.03 (SNFindPath203.zip) is available.

Enhancements:

- Workaround for the unsurveyed Warpoints in the datafile, which are really surveyed added (they are no longer regognized as unsurveyed)

- You can now select more than one empire datafile (for those lucky to have connected empires)

Thats it. Have fun.

Cestvel

Sweet! We just made second contact and were wondering how to plan movement with our new trading partener.