Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

I am very eager to know which agreement did reach you.

As I remember, the agreement was not to attack each other untill after turn 25.

That agreement was kept by both parties
After that, the agreement was extended to after turn 30

That agreement too was kept by both parties.

By now there is no aggreemen between us (UAE & Persia). It was not broken, but it has expired.
The time frame of the agreement was always part of the agreement.

Both agreements had the purpose of concentreating against Greece to push him back.

The agreement failed in its purpose.

I can think of three reasons why:

- Greece is conducting a very capable defence

- The efforts of your team and my team were apparently not succesfull to break through, despite the fact that together we should outproduce him by a wide margin.
- Both of our teams are fighting with one hand tied behind their backs. In our case that hand is half of the Egyptian and most of the Emirate forces. Those that can not get to the front.

In your case the hand is the forces you did not commit to the fight against Greece.

I am not attacking you to get to the BBB, I am attacking you because this is a wargame,
and in a wargame I want to win. But not at any cost.

If Greece keeps on playing this way he deserves to win. But I intend to do something about that. If I can. At the moment, I can't.

I do uphold any agreement made, however.
So if you maintain your criticism I dare you to at least tell the rest of the world in what way you feel I have wronged you.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You agreed not to attack anyone but Persia, but have indicated that you are going to attack Persians AS WELL AS Turks and Russians to get to the BBB. That is a violation of our agreement.

You have posted that you have Persians, Turks and Russians blocking your way in regarding to dealing with the BBB. Any member of your group attacking Turks and Russians would be a violation of the agreement made. Making such a statement is an indication that you (or your group) plan on breaking said agreement. Propaganda or not....

Onto you other assessment: Exactly like yours and Egypt's problem in regard to getting to the front, Persia has no access to get armies up to the front to help with the fighting. I have lent the entirety of my bombing forces, until recently, to deter the Greek advancement and I have only been able to rail defensive forces into the fight, which never saw any action. They were nothing of any ability to go on the offensive.

It is not only the Greeks that my Turkish/Russian allies are dealing with, but rather much more. The Greek ground forces are supported greatly by numerous nations air power. The line of battle has been static for several turns, but prior to that point, the Greeks had been pushed back to the current battle lines. The original agreement had been working. But, you current blackmail to fight me in a one on one battle is an attempt to destroy the agreement.

I am not attacking you to get to the BBB, I am attacking you because this is a wargame,
and in a wargame I want to win.
I do uphold any agreement made, however. As breakign an agreemend

I am very eager to know which agreement did reach you.
As I remember, the agreement was not to attack each other untill after turn 25.

That agreement was kept by both parties
After that, the agreement was extended to after turn 30

That agreement too was kept by both parties.

By now there is no aggreemen between us (UAE & Persia). It has expired. It was not "broken", but has "expired"

Both agreements had the purpose of concentreating against Greece to push him back.

The agreement failed in its purpose.

I can think of three reasons why:

- Greece is conducting a very capable defence

- The efforts of your team and my team were apparently not succesfull to break through, despite the fact that together we should outproduce him by a wide margin.
- Both of our teams are fighting with one hand tied behind their backs. In our case that hand is half of the Egyptian and most of the Emirate forces. Those that can not get to the front.

In your case the hand is the forces you did not commit to the fight against Greece.

Don't listen to Falco, he's only trying to fuel the flames.

In this game he is the enemy of both of us and I hope the game is long enough to bomb him to bits.
And according to him I am not a real politician anyway.

Still a bit surprised about the blackmail part.

You're the one with all the oil.... :-)

As far as I understand it in your little discussion either one or the other will end up fighting the BBB. And what is it what they say about politicians again? Something about never lying, but also never telling the whole truth.

A friendly tip for you Dag: Fighters are in short supply in the Brown team. Their pilots are real daredevils, facing fighters on FC over and over again. But then again, I haven't seen any airbases in harbors either.

Falco, you like to gloat too much

If that is true, then we are all politicians.

And it is true that I have lots of oil, but I need it to get my not insignificant invasion fleet back fron the Aegean see to the Persian gulf.

As you pointed out before, that takes lots of fuel.

Judging from the map and previous RWE, Persia and the Emirates should be about equal in population. Persia has more ore, the Emirates have more oil.

Persia has lost some air against Greece, the Emirates have lost some army against Saudi Arabia. So I can reasonably expect that Persia, with its German units, has a better army, bombers with superior range and attack profile and cheap fighters with limited range.
As the Emirates use the American units I try to make best use of the things that it has: longer ranged fighters and scouts, better amphibious options and better air transports.

Both are backed by TA's who are veteran players, we both have some prior experience with the game so it is as equal as it gets, unless you are part of the sideshow that happens between America and Canada in half of the games.

Well, as the Yugoslav position is rather boring (trudging through mountains, hunting Italian armies inside city fortresses and being bombed every step by your allies) I seekalternate ways of amusement.

German tech is indeed rather good overall. not the best tanks until the Panther and rather expensive landunits, but supported by some of the best (dive) bombers from early on and a very good if not the best air transport later in the game. US tech is a lot cheaper money wise, but the awesome units, mostly air, arrive by the time the Germans can build Panthers. And the US tech has good naval capabilities of course.

Can they compare? Not if they slug it out, in that case the German tech will win. But with some more flexibility the US tech can achieve victory over German tech. As can the british tech, who have a huge plus with the Spitfire VC from turn 20 onwards. I guess play style is important. Oh, I left out Russian tech: Lots of T34 and IL-4, until the Tu-2 arrives in turn 40. Not much else. Hard to beat, even with the best bombers. And the best air transport capacity early in the game.

So Persia vs UAE: Landunits from Persia need to go through lots of desert to get anywhere. Air 40 can help somewhat. UAE can land units all over the coast and can also drop Air40's, especially later in the game these can land anywhere. I guess the question will be: How well defended is the hinterland of Persia? Which is faster: Blitzing through the desert towards the richness in the UAE and trying to confront the lesser quality armies which can still hurt Pz's if they attack, or disrupting Persia's economy and using it's resources against him?

Stay in tune for the latest news, coming to you via the RWE!

Not often on the forum, so maybe missed some important details :-)

So ... what the heck is meant with "BBB"???

Hell... how ruuuude... :blush:

I am playing lovely Hungary... i did really intend not to harm any of my neighbours... but somehow, it did not work ... :rolleyes:

Well,

then you are the Biggest Bad of the Big Bad Balkan. Congratulations so far.

To be honest, Hungary is the only partner of the BBB that is doing exeptionally well.

The rest is just doing well.