Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

CR is fighting hard, but with little help from his TA Sweden he is doomed to fail soon. Rumania and Hungary are very near Moscow, but fighting for every step against a well defending opponent with forts and LDB protecting every important place. Yugoslava is progressing through the southern plains towards Dnepr.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t54.png

- Balkan progress in Central Russia and Finland. Southern Russia probably getting Nervous

- Libya discovered another Persian people dumping place.
- Finally shot down some Greeks.

Hiding place, HIDING place. Jeesh.

.... place where the former Persian dictator hid away a large part of his people for them to die before their liberators could find them to give them food, jobs and housing.

• 2 weeks later...

New Map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t55.png

- Abyad has fallen and that is probably a surprise

- The fall of Moscow however should not come as such.

- As a retalatory strike for the crimes against its population the Emirate air force bombarded xTehran

Yep... Lost xVilna-AB some turns ago also.
That reminded me to defend them much better - even diverting some valuable ground-troops into those cities.

Makes it important to choose the locations of future / possible ABs well - and to start preparing them early...
It's also a limiting factor when advancing fast - as you maybe open up vulnerable AB's and need to protect them well.

In addition, you're in a trade-off between having many AB's (which all need protection) with limited occupancy and having few AB's with high airgroup-density... making you more vulnerable to TBSA.

So, at least it's adding some nice features to be considered in your gameplay ... besided the fact, that good and timely recon is important.

Hello Dageraad,

Thanks for work on the maps!!

One short addon:

xChudovo and all the shores of Lake Ladoga are already green...

Regards

Peter

Why should Southern Russia be worried about anything. I seriously doubt you can conquer all of Southern Russia in the next 15 turns. It would take more than 15 turns for you to reach Orenburg, even if I let you walk straight through. Southern Russia hasn't even lost its first provence in 55 turns. So go ahead and start taking all those cities with Air Drop's, it won't do you any good. I guess I will take all my troops and surround xStalingrad and put on DMOG - DD and see who can take it first.

Persia 76

Southern Russia 95