Rolling Thunder Forums

A Santa with Gifts

rfouasnon

• 1 month later...

I'm just happy with the points- allows you to research Advanced Luxury Goods and not feel guilty that the research slot should have been used for' MK IX Death Ray'.

Landmine- as regards the lifeform points, once you've unlocked the prerequisite technology, you gain a number of points. Refer to the original Lifeform Set-up sheet you submitted and see what those points could be spent on (remember that they can be saved and used with points from the next level to get a really good improvement), whether that be a new ability or countering a negative trait you originally took to gain a trait you really wanted. Then send an email to Pete/Russ who will apply the improvement accordingly.

I'm just happy with the points- allows you to research Advanced Luxury Goods and not feel guilty that the research slot should have been used for' MK IX Death Ray'.

Landmine- as regards the lifeform points, once you've unlocked the prerequisite technology, you gain a number of points. Refer to the original Lifeform Set-up sheet you submitted and see what those points could be spent on (remember that they can be saved and used with points from the next level to get a really good improvement), whether that be a new ability or countering a negative trait you originally took to gain a trait you really wanted. Then send an email to Pete/Russ who will apply the improvement accordingly.

Thanks but I am a young race with no technology of this type yet unlocked. Can I upgrade myself now with a letter to Pete or do I have to wait for the tech to be unlocked? I have been thinking of getting an extra tail for my species just to help my stability when I flee from the many predators in my portion of the galaxy.

Thanks but I am a young race with no technology of this type yet unlocked. Can I upgrade myself now with a letter to Pete or do I have to wait for the tech to be unlocked? I have been thinking of getting an extra tail for my species just to help my stability when I flee from the many predators in my portion of the galaxy.

You'd need to unlock at least one species engineering technology to be able to do that. The Santa points are strictly used for SRP purposes (which could be used to unlocked species engineering, which gives lifeform points to modify your race, or some other tech that you want).

You'd need to unlock at least one species engineering technology to be able to do that. The Santa points are strictly used for SRP purposes (which could be used to unlocked species engineering, which gives lifeform points to modify your race, or some other tech that you want).

Santa, I am so confused :santa: :rolleyes::beer::woohoo:

Santa comes early again this year!

The Santa gift of 300 bonus saved lifeform points will be added to your imperial records at the conclusion of this turn. If

you have some points already saved, the 300 will simply be added to that total and used normally. If you have none saved,

or have already exhausted all of your saved points, the 300 points will be added and flagged just like the original saved

points. In this case they will not be triggered for use unless you execute an SRP order next turn. This was done because

some players who miss the turn or otherwise don't submit an SRP order might not want the 300 points spent on whatever

happens to be in their slot 1 Research Center next turn. Thus, if you have no saved points left over and do not submit an

SRP order next turn, you will still have the 300 points saved - they will be triggered and used the first time you submit an

SRP order (just like on the original setup).

Santa is also adding a number of new technologies over the coming turns for your scientists to ferret out (he means no

offense to any ferret or ferret-like races out there). Some of these are horizon techs and others...not. Several were

taken from the wish lists submitted by various empires and others are brand new. Santa's elves do, however, caution that

many of these are very, very difficult to research--not even remotely as easy as the highest tech currently available.

Running down one or another of these tracks will certainly differentiate one empire from another given the raw effort it

takes to complete them.

Oops. I got excited when I read "lifeform points"... But these are the normal SRPs Santa brings every year, correct?

The new techs sound great! Thanks, Pete!!!

In a nutshell you get 300 points to spend on tech. As soon as you issue the next SRP order you will start to use them until they are all gone. Everything else stays the same. New tech will start showing up as you are able to research it. I would suspect that older positions will see lots of it next turn and newer positions will see it when they can get to it.

Don't worry so much about what they are called and concentrate on what they do and how to use them.

Good luck and may you spend wisely (unless you are my enemy and then go ahead and get more advanced luxury goods).

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Oops. I got excited when I read "lifeform points"... But these are the normal SRPs Santa brings every year, correct?

I also remain confused. Pete, can you clarify?

Do you perhaps mean saved lifeform points for the older races but SRP for the younger races??????

when you filled in the start up sheet you had 2000 points to spend on your race. This was a one time thing, IE improving your race with these points. The rest of the points, the one you did not use on your race design are used to speed up Research on the Top item in your research list, ie the items you have selected to research. So first generation horizon tech items cost 3 points to research. If you put !st generation life science in slot one as the item you want to research, then It will be researched in one turn By the race points you had left over at startup or the santa points you just got. Since it takes 3 points, that means 300 santa points minus 3 you have 297 points left. The higher the Item the more points it takes to research. I think 6th gen horizon tech is somewhere between 250 and 280 points to research.( I am doing this from memory I had a spread sheet with formulas, that I am not sure where it is lol)

So to sum up, you have 25 research slots, what ever you put in slot one will use the santa points up. If there are enough santa points to complete the research it will be done and the remaining santa points will be used the next turn to speed research on the next item you place in slot one,