Rolling Thunder Forums

Returning Player Questions for Draco

richardjohns

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure about anybody else, but none of my Andromeda positions use stripmines once you get to a certain point in technology. It could be that in Draco you are forced to always use them, but only time will tell.

Your production, mines etc., are never truly balanced. Each new tech or encounter brings additional needs and challenges.

Obsolete weapons are just that. There is no good reason to keep them, especially if they can be recycled and the parts used to make better ones. Recycling centers are also very useful when cleaning up a captured world with alien tech.

Don't know about Draco, but the BOMB order has been out of order for some time. If it never makes it back then it will certainly be possible to fort up and give you enemies the finger, especially now that you can't conduct joint assaults on a planet any more.

:cheers:

I recieved this on my turn report. The voracious Rabbits are interested in

Intelligence operatives, interstellar merchants, spies, rumormongers and other sources report that your empire's annihilation of DMX shipping is among the largest they have come across.

We must have been looking for carrots again while sleep walking.

Star Kingdom Empire

Did someone say good ground combat race??

We are the Figjters!!!!

You build a ground combat race? I'd never have guessed! :-)

actually they are a strong colonizer but ground combat looks to be one of their strengths as well. thing with ground combat is that you need to have the technology as well or its a moot point.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys

I have a couple ? for everybody if I could please . I just switch over and I don't remember the new stuff for draco

1. Is the a webpage beside here for draco

2,If my memory service me first there no ice and no gates at all and there a limit on srp if I remember

. What has been changed significantly is the chance for science leaders to get breakthroughs and hence increase research speed. Also SRP's will not allow you to complete any tech higher then Gen 2. (This must the limit you mentioned).

Max ship AP is now 8 and manuver doesn't provide any defense from missiles or fighters/drones. Shipboard missile weapons have had thier firepower reduced. Engine output has also been reduced

Min AP is now 1

Force Shields have also been nerfed a bit.

There is no ICE or gates of any kind like you mentioned and

There are also no worm hole generators

Everyone starts with robotic shipyards

It will also take much longer now to research high end items

Making your gen 3 and 4 techs have much longer effective lifespans

Also players can no longer fight as one unit if allied during the GATK order

Each attacking army will attack every pop group on planet regardless of alliance status.

Pap's are now total alliance, war, or no agreement.

NPC are no longer potted plants and will react to your actions.

Read Death Machines will hunt you down and nuke you.

That's all I can remember right now.

There is a nice page sent out by Pete and Russ if you ask them to send it to you it is very informative about Draco. If you want just email me and I will send it to you as well. Draco and Andromeda are not alike. I have found colonization stuff to be very helpful and saved SRP to be more planned out. I am colonizing 22 worlds as of this turn and built 7 more colony ships this turn because of new viable worlds. That will give me 29 colonies soon. The 1 AP stuff is a game changer.

This is part of the pages sent by Pete and Russ

• ALLG order removed (this applies to Andromeda as well, since it did nothing anyway)

• Any ship in a fleet with a Bastion is prohibited from being scrapped

• Bastion design in setups significantly improved, and its fleet is always set to Zulu. • BOMB order temporarily off-line in both Andromeda and Draco as it is being recoded

• Dramatic reduction in shield efficiency

• Dramatic reduction in thrust engine efficiency

• GATK will engage every pop group on the target planet, including Total Allies (this applies to Andromeda as well)

• ICE tech removed • Maximum ship speed capped at 8 action points

• Minimum action points for ship designs set to 1 instead of 2

• New empires begin with Robotic Shipyard technology already completed

• NWTX-4000 Planetcracker tech removed

• One empire per player restriction for setup waves, to encourage setting up and running your empire while discouraging trading empires or otherwise deliberately conquering each other

• PAP proposals limited to No Agreement, War or Total Alliance

• Planetary Cargo and Universal Gate tech removed

• Rankings in various categories will appear from time to time, detailing where your empire stands, but not revealing to you where other empires rank

• ROE settings limited to Quebec, Romeo or Zulu

• Scientist research point hits reduced significantly

• SCUT order removed

• Significant reduction in cost for a variety of installations, most especially those involved with colonization

• Slot-1 research capped at 2nd generation items

• Some non-player-controlled forces given artificial intelligence to expand, react and in general act far more aggressively than simply sitting idly by

• Some planet types given more resources as appropriate for their type, atmosphere, terrain and so on

• Stable Wormhole Construction tech removed

• System Beacons never stop transmitting unless destroyed

• Thrust engines provide no mitigation benefits against enemy missile weaponry

• Various changes to galaxy resource allocation by planet, invariably upward

• Various changes to some tech prerequisites and output

• Exploration, leaders, traditions, religions, other changes not mentioned here

• 2 weeks later...

I was a member of a group that created a 125 page document that was the start of a tech spread sheet. The sheet had pictures of different tech path.

​These were the original authors

Ronald Ritsema

Marcus Horstmann

Jeremy Wasden

Rob Williams

Richard Johns

Andre Kooy

Penn Eckert

Desmond Sheehan

Jeff Johnson