Rolling Thunder Forums

VOEP Update Notice

RTGRuss

Hi Guys,

A new VOEP 1.0.3 entry program zip file available on our main website. This one is a complete package so you can do a clean install if you wish. If you are already using VOEP and just want to update then you need the main program Victory! Order Entry Program.exe and the main database VOEP.mdb to be current. The new program and database fix some known issues (the xClermont Ferrand and xGibralter ones) so you should be using the current versions. The orders database Sheets.mdb hasn't changed so you can keep the one you are currently using.

UPDATE - I got another issue report so the latest version now has a main database VOEP.mdb dated 2/19/11. This resolves issues involving movement in and out of xTirane/xDubrovnik, makes the US Gamble DM available on TP 1 and the US Manley APD available on TP 13.

Victory! Downloads Page

Thanks to Nils for keeping VOEP current! :wub:

Russ

P.S. I did have a VOEP 103.zip update available for a while but that only included the main program fix and you need both the main program and the VOEP database update to be current.

Edited by RTGRuss
Database update

• 6 months later...
Hi Guys,

A new VOEP 1.0.3 entry program zip file available on our main website. This one is a complete package so you can do a clean install if you wish. If you are already using VOEP and just want to update then you need the main program Victory! Order Entry Program.exe and the main database VOEP.mdb to be current. The new program and database fix some known issues (the xClermont Ferrand and xGibralter ones) so you should be using the current versions. The orders database Sheets.mdb hasn't changed so you can keep the one you are currently using.

UPDATE - I got another issue report so the latest version now has a main database VOEP.mdb dated 2/19/11. This resolves issues involving movement in and out of xTirane/xDubrovnik, makes the US Gamble DM available on TP 1 and the US Manley APD available on TP 13.

Victory! Downloads Page

Thanks to Nils for keeping VOEP current! ;)

Russ

P.S. I did have a VOEP 103.zip update available for a while but that only included the main program fix and you need both the main program and the VOEP database update to be current.

I downloaded this program but after I put the orders in I cant find the file to email

Am I doing something wrong

Paul

Hi Guys,

Victory! Downloads Page

Thanks to Nils for keeping VOEP current! ;)

Russ

I downloaded this program but after I put the orders in I cant find the file to email

Am I doing something wrong

Paul

After you save, then hit "EXPORT". It will save a file in the folder where you have the VOEP.

You can then attach that to an email. Should be the same convention, 5 letters of the country name plus game number

• 3 years later...

Hello :)

So I saved the VOPE 1.0.3 to my desk top, when I went to run it it said to extract, all files, so I did. Now I get a window that is a grey blank sheet with user buttons in the upper left (file, help, import, export... ect). is this normal until I start importing turns or have I not done some thing right???? Been gone for a number of years so this programe is new to me. Thanks in advance for any imput on this :)

Ed

Yes Ed, that is normal. Either you start with a new turn (the NEW button which will create a blank pre-formatted order sheet for you) or you import a .trn file (but given you're starting that won't be the case most likely).

Hint 1: VOEP is crash-prone, so save after every 5-10 orders or changes to orders that you made.

Hint 2: VOEP has a tendency to shuffle the orders 61-120 around upon saving sometimes, so when you start making longer turns, export them every time you close down the program. That way, if you open it again and find a turn scrambled, you can delete the VOEP-version and import the exported .trn file to recover your original unscrambled order sheet.

Apart from the above, it's a really great program! (says one who's from the print-and-fill-in-by-hand-then-send-by-post generation).

Thanks Mickey :)

now I just need to get the old VOEP to work so I got a back up. Trying to get my computer, a x64, to run a x32 (or is it a x16) program. Im also trying to find an old turn sheet, Just in case, as im not all that tech savy. Im from the same Generation and snail mail may be old school, but it works :).

thanks again, Ed

Send me an e-mail addy and i'll send you some turn sheets. However, the program really helps you in making sure order formats are correct so i wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm also a bit surprised that your new computer doesn't run VOEP automatically; i unzipped, clicked on the .exe and it ran. But then, i'm no inf-savvy. :D

Well Mick, not sure where you got he impression that my PC is new O_o, like 4 or 5 years old which is friggin cave man old in computer years. I just not sure what Bit I need t be to run the old VOEP.I rad the thread over in the FAQ and fallowed the link and then it gave me choises to which I don't no which one I need to do?

ejmgames@homail.com :)

• 1 year later...