Rolling Thunder Forums

"For instance did Iraq just decide to drop and Green is absorbing the dead space or was this unexpected to the Saudi/Iraq team"

Iraq tried to resist when SR went into offensive southwards some turns, but was overwhelmed within 2-3 turns (i think).

Iraq has nothing (or not much) left to fight with, so it probably ended the game now.

If you mean Greece:

Group GREEN was allied to Greece for long which made a nice fight against Egypt since early in the game.

2-3 turns ago (again, i think :-)), he informed us that Lowlands had to drop and that he was asked to take that position over as it is an essential one for the violet group.

He decided to do so.

Some add-ons to the map:

xVilna back at BS

xKrakow taken by NR

xEger is NR since some turns.

xPrague is BS, was not lost

xZagreb is CR since about 2 turns.

xZurich is France.

xOdense is Finland.

Thanks for the map

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland just declared on Algeria, did amphibious assaults into Annaba and Bejaia. I guess I'm next. Let the games begin! :python:

• 2 months later...

Thanks to Reece and Sven Drake for the RWE, the situation in Italy seems very interesting!

victory-map-diplomacy-94t45+.png

Actually, none of the situations on the continent or in Scandinavia are really interesting. France has quit, Lowlands will fight until its last army is destroyed which shouldn't take long, GB will be eliminated from Norway in a few turns which will make Iceland's position in Denmark untenable, and Ireland has no chance to do much to CR in Italy and would evacuate if he felt like playing long enough to do so.

The only things that look to continue more than a few turns are the middle east fight and the Morocco/US vs Algeria/Tunisia conflict.

I see a runaway victory in Victory as the fault of the loosing players collectively. It was up to them to counter the threat but sometimes they just don't come together. So will the whole map move to Green or will white become the other color of choice. Have fun, RIck

I can't blame someone for wanting to win. It did surprise me that the pourple alliance did not see this coming.

Most of us thought this outcome was highly likely from the outset but there were perceived to be some possible paths to victory or, more likely, survival. When things tilted against me in Norway and we couldn't unify on allying with the N African bloc those avenues closed and it was a total loss.

• 5 months later...

I see that Baltic, Finland and the Russians are moving through Spain, invaded Iceland, GB and Ireland. Now they have done a maritime strike at xLa Coruna against me. I guess I will cut back my order lines to save money. But I do plan to complete the game.

Too bad the little (2 on 2) side war in North Africa will be affected by the Eastern Block.

Pete

USA94

I am not in this game, but based on the map, I cannot recall a more dominating performance by a team in a game. I have heard about and even studied the past numbers that have been posted in the halls of victory, but this map (which looks quite old at this point) shows quite a one sided trampling of Game 94. For the players who were in the game: Has it really been as dominant as depicted? I know it's difficult to discuss for some, but it is only a game & in another game, I am about to be run over so I understand in the feeling of helplessness that can be accompanied by what appears to be happening in 94.

Also ~ who is the green team?

If you go further back you can see what happened.

Africa was more or less a separate zone from the rest. The main war in central Europoe was Orange against Brown (the Balkan) and Purple against Orange.
With Orange completely comitted against both we were attacked by Green.
On itself that was a winning move as orange was overcomitted at that moment and they overran our position without much opposition.

A deal was offered to Purple, but not agreed upon. And that was curtains for my team.

I went back a to the T17 map ~ which looks like they just kept going once they got to your alliance and unfortunately, it happened to coincide with their upgrade time for T34's. Ouch. I don't typically go into the other game forums, but this one is close to the end, correct? I was curious to see who was going to win the game.

actually It went a bit further. Instead of making a deal with us, they made a deal with green, giving green the possibility to right us (orange) without any other enemies. If they would mot have made the deal, it could have gone differently, with All parties fighting eachother.

If you go further back you can see what happened.

Africa was more or less a separate zone from the rest. The main war in central Europoe was Orange against Brown (the Balkan) and Purple against Orange.
With Orange completely comitted against both we were attacked by Green.
On itself that was a winning move as orange was overcomitted at that moment and they overran our position without much opposition.

A deal was offered to Purple, but not agreed upon. And that was curtains for my team.