Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in the same place, only getting my arse handed to me at this point......

Why? Not like Spain is doing much in Europe, least he could do is help you against Algeria... ;-P

I'm still in the same place, only getting my arse handed to me at this point......

Why? Not like Spain is doing much in Europe, least he could do is help you against Algeria... ;-P

A lot of bad breaks have gone against me in several battles of which I actually had the odds but lost. Cost me greatly in the northern border battle and I have had to retreat and attempt a regroup.

Spain is doing just fine in Europe....I don't see you regaining any ground? Maybe you should help me then? Send you air forces to Algeria and land some marines ~ will gladly share the Algerian wealth of it's population, money and resources with Italy.

A lot of bad breaks have gone against me in several battles of which I actually had the odds but lost. Cost me greatly in the northern border battle and I have had to retreat and attempt a regroup.

Spain is doing just fine in Europe....I don't see you regaining any ground? Maybe you should help me then? Send you air forces to Algeria and land some marines ~ will gladly share the Algerian wealth of it's population, money and resources with Italy.

I feel honored that you regard my troops so highly that you consider the 1:3 odds disadvantage i have against the Swiss comparable to the 5:1 odds advantage the Spanish have (or had for many turns, if they had any unit resistance at all) in France! :D *bows deeply*

I feel honored that you regard my troops so highly that you consider the 1:3 odds disadvantage i have against the Swiss comparable to the 5:1 odds advantage the Spanish have (or had for many turns, if they had any unit resistance at all) in France! :D *bows deeply*

So you have given up the fight and gone completely defensive while you wait for your allies to rescue you? Been there, understand that fight. Beseech your allies for help instead of Spain then......

And what about my offer for Algeria........? How about a coalition between the light green and the dark red?

Heh, thanks to the coalition between Dark Green, Purple and orange (Greece, Yugo), i have been coastal bombarded by four nations. It would likely have been five if the Swiss shipyards (!!) had not been CB'd away. One of the many victims of those CB's was my shipyard. Besides that, my small size (and commensurate small income) doesn't really allow me to build ships, so i'm happy to stay faaaaaar away from Africa. Why solicit more wars in the south anyway, i have good relationships with all African nations and want to keep it that way. :D In that respect i'm also not besieging help from Spain, i'm just saying that you, his TA, should be able to receive that help from him.

And yes, i have gone completely defensive and wait for my allies to rescue me BECAUSE i have NOT given up the fight... my air force is trying to help my allies rescue me while my small army is doing what it does best: huddle behind huge concrete fortifications supported by a gazillion pitchfork-armed peasants dissuading the Swiss from moving further south. We heard rumours of riots starting to break out in the food-starved Swiss cities, so we bide our time...

So you have given up the fight and gone completely defensive while you wait for your allies to rescue you? Been there, understand that fight. Beseech your allies for help instead of Spain then......

And what about my offer for Algeria........? How about a coalition between the light green and the dark red?

I counter the offer with a portion of Morroco and Spain!

Hopefully, I can help change those odds against the Swiss. :cannon:

I counter the offer with a portion of Morroco and Spain!

Aah, if only you could offer and deliver me a portion of Switzerland... :D