Rolling Thunder Forums

@Earthling- Not sure what you mean by Fake Wars, are there a lot of War declarations but no accual fighting????

@dageraad- True, if 2 or 5 people want to share turns info with e-mail there is no way to stop it no matter how a game is set up. Still, I wonder what a no TA, no All game might be like. When the NAP's are gone they are gone. A true wildwest free for all, well, as close to true as you can get. :)

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Earthling- Not sure what you mean by Fake Wars, are there a lot of War declarations but no accual fighting????

@dageraad- True, if 2 or 5 people want to share turns info with e-mail there is no way to stop it no matter how a game is set up. Still, I wonder what a no TA, no All game might be like. When the NAP's are gone they are gone. A true wildwest free for all, well, as close to true as you can get. :)

Yes, no fighting. They are using the wars in order to fly over/move through the territory to gain access to common enemies. Fake Wars. And intel seems to flow rather easily, regardless of the lack of TA intel sharing option. The explanation of how it can be worked was listed earlier in the forums.

So is this kind of game something you see happening again or is it not a popular set up having no TA's. Another thought I had was a game with every one having all the same tech. But I don't know if Russ has some kind of over ride to let Germany, GB, the U.S. or the Russia's use other tech type's. HMMM, just a thought?!? not sure if that one has been done yet.

I would play this configuration again. The same tech would be interesting as well but you may eliminate some players who like to play only 1 tech. If you only play 1 tech I think the US or British would have to be chosen to keep Island nations in the game. Those that prefer to play with German or Russian units would then likely pass on the game. Have fun, RIck

I would play this format again as well. While intel is available, there are trade-offs that go with it. This format makes some countries more vulnerable to being overrun, which is good for some and bad for others. I think as the game goes along, this format will have an impact on the larger battles.

LOL At this rate, you may get it close to 100 by games end! Of course you never see a 50% increase when it's a substantial amount to begin with... At least I've never seen such luck.

I've got that black mess coming out of my ears. line up the ships and I'll load them up.

I have had some good luck in a game I am currently playing. Hit the 50% three times with substantial gains for Coal and LGT twice. I don't think I would invest in RPD's to gain 1 or 2 points ever again. Seems like spending money to spend money. With a 20% success rate, Dag must have been investing every turn since TP1 to raise it to that 6. That's a $2400 investment for a return of what, 70 coal total thus far in the game, at the most? If he hit for 1 on TP1 and it increased once every 5th or 6th turn to the present. Seems overpriced. I know that Iceland has some food/energy issues, but having played the position, I think I would rather trade for the resource than invest in that manner. I did try to invest like he has when I played Iceland and found that it was just not worth the money.

As you know I too have played Iceland before. I tried another approach this time.

Iceland has a current production of 31 coal/turn. That's 1550 coal to the end of the game.

Alas, the RPD's on LGT were less successful.