Rolling Thunder Forums

Galactic Directory

hobknob

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beulah Trading Company is pleased to announce that the following systems have been merged into the BTC Index!

Nuallan

Wilmot

Silenko

Onaide

Orchiel

Dumishka

Angilene

Ramond

The following systems are now fertilized by the Everlasting Spawn:

Ares

Khryseis

Thailand

Packard

Iole

Kyoshu

Perion

Wapi

Werner

Cyrildo

Vilbon

Vandal

It is time to announce our existence to the galaxy. We are the Acari Imperium, we have evolved and have been cybernetically modified to endure nearly every environment; high in numbers, persistent in mission, often referred to as "Nanites". We exist in the spaces in between.

Should you arrive in one of our systems odds are great that we shall see you and you shall not see us (until you get MK IV electron microscopes aboard every ship).

We welcome any visitor these days, for trade or weapons research, either shall be a welcome departure from the excitement of planetary surveys.

We do hereby lay claim to the following systems:

Ademar

Aique

Artgal

Bev

Dorosia

Floki

Lenmana

Orizona

Pissumuit

Podlesok

Steel

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! His Royal Highness, Emporer Charles the Bold, is pleased to announce that the systems listed below are claimed by the Saturnian Empire as sovereign territory. For security reasons no visitors are allowed.

Carvey

Bolegii

Karon

Pukh

Autodikos

Hekabe

Timolai

Hara

Sarrah

Binns

Fluellen

Stanuie

Froizine

Dalicon

If a visitor should stumble into one of our frontier systems they will be fired upon by an unmanned "Watchman" class picket ship. Even a pathfinder should easily destroy one of these picket ships whose only purpose is warn away explorers from other empires, who stumble into one of these systems or do not have the technology to receive this transmission. BE WARNED that if you do enter one of our frontier systems you MUST leave immediately the way you came. Any attempt to survey other warp points or planets will be considered a hostile act and will result in warships being sent to destroy the violater. If for some reason, such as being unable to survey the warp point, you are not able to return you should contact his majesty (OOC: See the contact list) for instructions.

From time to time new planets or possibly even systems will be assimilated into the Empire but the space therein will be open to travel (for peaceful purposes) by all empires not at war with the Saturnian Empire. The travel restrictions only apply to the systems listed above.

The Saturnian Empire is a peace loving empire that believes that a strong military is the key to maintaining peace in the Galaxy. We earnestly desire to trade with other empires for items that we may not have yet researched.

Other systems that we are aware of but do not claim (at least at this time) are:

Zvonko

Elnora

Sadru

Long live the Empire!

The list is once more up to date after updating the wrong (old) list the first time. We are up to 193 systems and counting. For those still torn between posting or not, you may want to consider posting the stuff that is 5 or more away as that could very well be the main point of contact anyway.

Have fun and good hunting. :blink:

Keeper of the Galaxy:

Motzie

Oliye

Dame

Panama

Leffeda

Steele (SOOOOOOO CLOSE)

And with no worth to my empires I found:

Exacting details regarding a Warp Point are extracted from what is clearly an alien star map--the data is carefully

analyzed, resulting in the addition of Warp Point # 36003 to your Imperial star charts!

Faris ---------------- D (Size: 18) ----------------> Hezekiah

Transmission from Overlord Eldred of the Elutherian League(1983)...

We hereby claim the following systems for the greater glory of the Elutherian race...

Queniua

Pampe

Samlon

Zhegota

Zofia

Neugod

Bogdas

Atsidi

Jehen

Sekund

Parkosh

Please note that any unauthorised visits by alien races will be considered an act of war!

BTW the system "Gwir" is listed twice in the galactic directory!

Eldred,

I usually do a SURV and a WARP in the same turn. So, I do not know into which system I am jumping.

Does that mean that you will consider that as an act of war when a pathfinder or explorer is jumping into one of your outer systems? I would consider it first contact and a reason to negotiate. Just curious.

Kind regards,

President M'Bete,

Eldred's policy is not a flawed one. Our government would humbly suggest that the flawed and dangerous policy is to survey and warp the same turn. It is the Policy of the Boo to survey and announce our entry, with a brief period allowed for notice and comment, before we jump into a new system. We have taken it upon ourselves to forsake secrecy in the hopes of building with our fellow sentients a coherent and non-occult system of reasonable respect for the territorial sovereignty of races while at the same time respecting the freedom of the spaceways.

The Boo also consider it a hostile act to jump into our sovereign territory with out permission. Certainly we are ever open to negotiation with errant spacefarers, but those negotiations should take place before one enter's our space rather than after they arrive. To facilitate this the Boo has made public our systems. We shall do so again in the interests of peace and friendship with all:

Ider

Gozhislav

Torshilo

Fremi

Coligny

Rianna

Cebriones

Beor

Rodina

Akina

Any requests for entry should be directed to the Boo Consulate at merovais@yahoo.com

In Peace,

Honored One Fethra

Boo Consulate

Member of the Galactic Star LEague

I'm with M'Bete on this one. I do a SURV and WARP in the same turn. I am an explorer and to do otherwise would slow down exploration. WARP is a free non AP using action. That is MOVE - SURV - WARP. (1 turn)

Under the scenario others are suggesting, I should MOVE - SURV nothing (1 turn), get results, come back and scan the forum, ask permission from some race (that I have, of course, NEVER encountered) if I can go through a WP that they have put an arbitrary claim upon. Then waste another turn, etc.

Now if it is one of your systems that have a HW or colony, I would presume I would get blasted upon entry. Must keep in mind, that the only ships I have that are doing MOVE-SURV-WARP, are explorer vessels with fire only if fired upon orders. Besides, I can't actually encounter another race if I never go THROUGH, the WP.

So, once I actually run into another race, then we can discuss 'borders'. I also have to state, that although I have looked at the list of posted systems, I don't review it each time when I do a SURV. :(

Alcorn the Honored One

Sabeli Ecok