Rolling Thunder Forums

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be doing it the hard way. List everything I want to do on paper (usually on the back of junk mail), then start scratching out the orders I cannot do, due to being over the order limit, then use the order entry program to type them up and submit. Saving often once I get over about 70 orders as the program has a tendency to crash, especially with my many typos that I must correct.

I find this system works great.

Tip for everyone: If you have completed an order and want to add another, press Alt+Enter

And I know about the crashing after approx. 70 orders, I seem to be unable to find the root cause though. That's the problem with hobby-programmers..... :blush:

Working on a whole new program though, that combines VicMan and VOEP and should be more stable (but more CPU/Memory required).

Hamish

Alas, I am having problems with VOEP. I suspect it is a Win10 issue. I can't access the VOEP help (there is just a query mark on the Help menu item). A bigger problem is that I can't add more that 30 orders to a turn sheet, even when I select 60 orders from /Tools. Russ says he never heard of this problem, but he is running Win7.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, am I doing something wrong? Russ suggested inserting the last 30 orders. I will try it, but I am skeptical because the buffer seems fixed and the last order will probably just go away.

Have you unzipped the package or are you running the program from the zipped folder? If you did unzip, did the help file (Victory!.chm) extract to the same folder as the executable?

Tip for everyone: If you have completed an order and want to add another, press Alt+Enter

And I know about the crashing after approx. 70 orders, I seem to be unable to find the root cause though. That's the problem with hobby-programmers..... :blush:

Working on a whole new program though, that combines VicMan and VOEP and should be more stable (but more CPU/Memory required).

Hamish

Alt+Enter is very buggy. I've used it often enough, but usually it doesn't add a line with a new number, but uses the same number. Adding with the (+) never gives any problems.

Still a big fan of your work. Even with the 120 orders in game 95. Save and save again. Export a couple of times also works if the orders get screwed up after a crash.

Hamish

Alt+Enter is very buggy. I've used it often enough, but usually it doesn't add a line with a new number, but uses the same number. Adding with the (+) never gives any problems.

Still a big fan of your work. Even with the 120 orders in game 95. Save and save again. Export a couple of times also works if the orders get screwed up after a crash.

Really? I have never had problems with Alt+Enter....

The idea is that in a future version most orders can be given without using the order entry part at all. Like selecting a political agreement and clicking a 'Break' button will generate the appropriate BPA order.

For now I am working on a versions that reads a results file, compiles tabular data from it to show shortages etc, and improving the order entry part to be more stable.

Hamish

Cool, I'm looking forward to this one. I've been having to run VicMan in an XP VM under Win 7. Thanks for taking on that project.

• 2 weeks later...