Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 86

Rogue Leader

Pretty confident the Russian block won. Had a lot of fun with USA, but man is it tough playing without any TA's, and the Russians took full advantage of it. I really wanted to play an entire game on my own, but it would of gone a lot harder on the Russians if I had teamed up with France and friends.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty confident the Russian block won. Had a lot of fun with USA, but man is it tough playing without any TA's, and the Russians took full advantage of it. I really wanted to play an entire game on my own, but it would of gone a lot harder on the Russians if I had teamed up with France and friends.

First off, it is called the "Turkish Block", not the "Russian Block" :) and we feel that you may just be the winner over us after all. And then there is the African/French Block which have some massive kill numbers, so they could win too. Since our scores are averaged out, you only need to beat the average score and not our top country. I think we hurt your forces the last couple of turns, but we suffered some serious losses to you and the Africans as well. I think all three sides will be close, plus the Syian/UAE faction. I would love to know what your end game treasury and morale was. I can't imagine playing the US would leave you with a lot of cash, I have seen a lot of US players end the game with large deficits and and negative morale. I think your probably in not that shape, but I guess we will see.

- Turkey 86

First off, it is called the "Turkish Block", not the "Russian Block" :) and we feel that you may just be the winner over us after all. And then there is the African/French Block which have some massive kill numbers, so they could win too. Since our scores are averaged out, you only need to beat the average score and not our top country. I think we hurt your forces the last couple of turns, but we suffered some serious losses to you and the Africans as well. I think all three sides will be close, plus the Syian/UAE faction. I would love to know what your end game treasury and morale was. I can't imagine playing the US would leave you with a lot of cash, I have seen a lot of US players end the game with large deficits and and negative morale. I think your probably in not that shape, but I guess we will see.

- Turkey 86

I was well over $200,000.

- Turkey 86

Yugoslavia's score didn't help Central. That may be his down fall.

- Turkey 86

I was well under $200,000..... :beer:

Hey Guys,

I've got a Game 86 Winners Declared post over in the News from the Front forum. Just the winning scores and individual scores so far - will take more time to get the final game map and Hall of Victory all done but at least you now have the final scores. :cheers:

Russ

- Turkey 86

I was well under $200,000..... :beer:

LOL I was wellunder also. I didn't own a single hmoe country province and I finished with a HIGHER SCORE than Denmark!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Something that needs to be addressed in Victory II

Congrats to all who made it to the end! I've followed the forum after I dropped and must say I'm impressed by both the Turkish-Russian alliance and the USA achievement.

Kudos for Denmark, France and GB for making it till the end.

Guest Spongebob

What? Denmark made it to the end.... who did such a deed, they must die at my hands. Denmark is only allowed to survive if I controll it

Congrats to all who made it to the end! I've followed the forum after I dropped and must say I'm impressed by both the Turkish-Russian alliance and the USA achievement.

Kudos for Denmark, France and GB for making it till the end.

Thanks to everyone who played and/or in finished game 86. Scores were actually really close. USA beat 2 of our team and tied one other on individual scores. :cheers:

- Andy aka Turkey 86

Too bad I couldn't just of had peace with the Russian, err I mean Turkish alliance. Losing 20,000 plus air points at the end of the game couldn't of helped my score, plus the fact my bombers did not fly the last 3 turns.

Congrats to the winners, come into 93 and let's do it again. I won't be so far from the action this time.

Congratulations to everyone who made it to the end. I am wondering what would have happened if Dale Ritchie (the original C-Russia player) had not dropped. We had a gentleman's agreement not to break the ALL we had, no matter what. Things may have gone very differently...... Ah well, I was forced to drop by real life circumstances as well, so it would not have been me playing Poland anymore either. It was a good game to be in, even though it was only some 20-odd turns for me. Thanks everyone!