Rolling Thunder Forums

Alien Fleet Sightings

tigeriith

A significant part of my printout seems to be alien fleet sightings. It would seem to be better for the player if he had less sightings to scan and the processing cycle if it had less printout to generate.

How would folks feel about not getting a printout for fleets of empires where your relationship is "Total Alliance"? Or, maybe something could be worked out that conditioned the printout to the level of your alliance?

Or how about adding text based on your diplomatic settings against each empire sighted. so an ally would show as "Allied Alien Fleet", and enemy as "Enemy Alien Fleet" and so on. Empires without a diplomatic setting would show as "Unknown Alien Fleet". You could then easily search though your turn for enemies and unknowns.

I think there is definitely merit to your suggestion, it would be nice if there was a way that made unknown or enemy contacts more obvious then the large number of friendly sightings, I have to admit it is easy to miss when you are getting dozens of hits from maybe one or two neighbours you are working with.

However I think I would still want to see what my allies are running about in or where they are visiting, I think the second idea of additional text would be preferable, it would be easy enough to do a quick search for the txt unknown or enemy in the pdf :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think that is a fantastic idea to add a tag to fleet sightings stating the diplo status. As already stated, this would allow for searches. I also like the idea of using bold lettering to ID Enemy, Unknown Alien, etc. Great idea!

But don't take away ally or total ally sightings. I don't want anything to hinder the process of generating fleet sightings. Something like this might just create new areas for bugs. Like when two total allies both have fleets at a location and a third party moves in.

But don't take away ally or total ally sightings. I don't want anything to hinder the process of generating fleet sightings. Something like this might just create new areas for bugs. Like when two total allies both have fleets at a location and a third party moves in.

Ooh, good point.