Rolling Thunder Forums

Darn Rabbits in Draco Space

richardjohns

The Honored One was frustrated and began tugging at his bunny ears. Why have none of his scientists reactivated the gates or accessed the navigation charts in the Tkon databases. In a blink of an eye and they were gone. A virus sent out by the Tkon home world deleted everything Honored One his Grand Advisor told him while carrying around the Golden Carrot. It hurt his back to carry the token of power. Tkon technology powered everything down to the automatic Carrot Coffee Maker. He rolled his eyes.

It has been four turns since our ability to reach for the stars again Grand Advisor. What have our scientists found so far. Why are all these coils attached to the Tkon technology, the Honored One asked impatiently. As the information fell data hackers were able to preserve packets of information. Good we shall have the Carrot Coffee Maker back again, almost smiling again. Not exactly, the Grand advisor hesitated. What do you mean? Our scientist believe that the packets will completely dissolve in less than six months at the rate we are using them, the advisor said while shifting the Golden Carrot to his other retractable claw.

You know I have not had my coffee yet so explain our advances slowly and give me the carrot the Fleet Commander is coming with a report about our exploration. The Grand Advisor flourished his carrot tipped staff at the large screen. We can now build Domed Cities, Weather Control Stations, Fuel Distillation Complexes, Improved Construction Materials, Improved Steel, Improved Timber and 2nd Generation Civil Engineering. If those are from the packets what are our regular scientists working on, the Honored one asked peeling a carrot with his claws? They are working on all improved materials, Advanced Construction Materials, Advanced Steel, Advanced Timber, 2nd Generation Computer, Medical, Life, Planetary and Social horizon techs. How will those help us, asked the Fleet commander who stomped his furry clawed foot?

We need to expand our knowledge of space, build weapons, and defenses to protect us from the death machines. I am sure we will all get this worked out, Commander. Were all making the best of it. The coffee shortage and all you know. The commander slapped his forehead…

Until next time, Rabbits in space

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The clump of foliage drifted through the air towards the First Citizen of the Whifferdill Concordium, its dangling tendrils wriggling to indicate it wished to speak.
"Report", said the First Citizen.
"Sir, a pathfinder on the frontier reported it was under attack from an alien species, and then all communications withered."
The First Citizen's fronds quivered in consternation. "It was not...THEM, was it?"
"No Sir, it appears to only be four fleets of Death Machines."
The First Citizen relaxed. Death Machines could be deal with, but if those Rabbits had followed them here to the new galaxy, the Whifferdill were in real trouble.

• 1 month later...

Our flags were at half mast today. The Golden Carrot waved in remembrance of the fallen colonists. The Honored One was in disbelief. How could a those rabbits die on an Extremely High world, he demanded to know. The Grand Advisor reminded him it has grown by 4 and only lost one. You must put more technology into colonization. Even one colonists is too much, what will I tell my thousands of children, the Honored One sighed? Luckily, the Grand Advisor would not have to explain about the Carrot Coffee Maker...

• 2 months later...

Transmissions from Those Darn Rabbits…

Turn 15….

From around the empire…

The Honored One watched as the 23 worlds pulsed with energy readings in the Catryn home system of the Star Kingdom Empire. His children played with models of 7 colonized worlds in the Tovias system. He dreamed of a new Carrot Coffee Maker for Christmas…

From the television of reporter Jessica Rabbit… News flash… Six new colony fleets are hovering over worlds at far off systems. We are proud of the new worlds soon to be brought into the empire, the announcer said. We would like to take a station break for Carrot Soup…

From the computer of little Mikey Bur Rabbit, breaking news… Seven colony ships have exited the Catryn system and are now in route to new bases. Stay tuned for more news…

From the local newspaper from the cities on Tovias, Scientist insist that the growth rate of 1027 per turn for the empire can certainly be increased. Disgruntled parents complain of not enough children to take of them in their old age.

From the Carrot Wall Street Journal, Business men and scientist alike agree that raw resources are becoming almost totally useless to the empire even if improved. Workers demanded off world jobs and more colony ships are being built to increase the jobs needed.

From the Military News, Fleet Commander reports with the completion of improved techs he has been given the go ahead to create offensive and defensive weapons as fast as possible.

From the Ragtag Rumor Mill Tabloid, the rabbit’s ears have heard of the robots. They were taking prime rabbit worlds. Claws flicked open and fangs glistened…Will we be safe in our own beds…

• 5 weeks later...

Transmissions from Those Darn Rabbits…

Turn 17….

From around the empire…

The Honored One read the mining production reports for the empire…

Production Statistics for mines (Raw materials and industrial not included)...

Caldaran Crystal Mine: 182,250 Caldaran Crystals

Chemical Refinery: 640,090 Industrial Chemicals

Coal Mine: 654,860 Coal

Crystal Refinery: 815,103 Crystals

Fiber Mill: 377,710 Fibers

Gas Refinery: 689,725 Gaseous Elements

Gemstones Mine: 441,504 Gemstones

Ghuran Demonblood Refinery: 456,278 Ghuran Demonbloo​d

Hydroponic Garden: 49,132 Fruits & Vegetables

Iron Mine: 1,648,593 Iron

Light Metals Mine: 469,710 Light Metals

Lumber Mill: 1,012,770 Lumber

Meat Packing Plant: 931,855 Meat

Petrochemical Refinery: 1,026,032 Petrochemicals

Precious Metals Mine: 47,084 Precious Metals

Radioactives Mine: 101,400 Radioactive Element

Rare Elements Mine: 34,260 Rare Elements

Rare Herbs & Spices Farm: 4,800 Rare Herbs & Spice

Water Purification Plant: 812,250 Water

From the television of reporter Jessica Rabbit… News flash… The Star Kingdom Empire declares the following systems under the protection of their empire due to colonies in those systems... Avundii, Heliades, Tovias, and the Vianor.

From the computer of little Mikey Bur Rabbit, breaking news… Reports of one way warp points being found. Wait for further reports...

From the local newspaper from the cities on Tovias, Scientist have boosted the growth rate of 1082 per turn. Four technology labs are focused on growth. More rabbits demand an end to raw resources...

From the Carrot Wall Street Journal, Business men and scientist are demanding a decrease in use of cargo bays due to demands to move more people off world.

From the Military News, Fleet Commander reports that advanced research is well underway which caused many conspiracy theorists to consider the future of the empire.

From the Ragtag Rumor Mill Tabloid, the rabbit’s around the empire have created a lottery to decide which rabbits will defend the empire first against the carrot hording mechanical monstrosities.

• 5 months later...

Turn 28

From the television of reporter Jessica Rabbit… News flash… The Star Kingdom Empire declares the following systems under the protection of their empire due to colonies in those systems... Aronne, Avundii, Heliades, Periscus, Sotenka, Tammo, Timmes, Tovias, and the Vianor.

From the computer of little Mikey Bur Rabbit, breaking news… Whoa, the 41st colony is thriving in Rabbit Space.

From the local newspaper from the cities on Tovias, Scientist have boosted the growth rate to 1156 per turn.

From the Carrot Wall Street Journal, Business men and scientist are considering dropping raw resources by 50 percent.

From the Military News, Fleet Commander reports that the DMX and one other player have been sighted. The player continues to advance.

• 1 month later...

Turn 31….

From around the empire…

The Honored One watched as war fleets were being sent out of the Catryn home system of the Star Kingdom Empire the previous turn. His children watched as thousands of fighters and drones exited through the warp point to retake the next nexus system…

From the television of reporter Jessica Rabbit… News flash… Warp Point exploration has realized that by not being able to break certain warp points has enabled enemy player forces to get within one system of our homeworld…Another DMX system has been found this turn. No ships have been lost during our incursion into the new DMX space. Stay tuned for more news…

From the computer of little Mikey Bur Rabbit, breaking news… New colonies are being created in the Periscus system…This system is currently under battle alert as colonization forces race for safer locations. Another battle fleet with the markings “Periscus or Death” are being loaded with thousands more fighters and drones. They will be leaving to secure the Periscus system.

From the local newspaper from the cities on Tovias, Scientist monitoring colonization, change their strategies on using installations for immigration and growth. Eight worlds are working toward not using any colonization/growth installations. The government promises war or not 100 colonies will happen on 100 worlds.

From the Carrot Wall Street Journal, Business leaders report that cargo bays are being used as fast as they are being built. Workers are excited at the prospect of being able to build these each turn. The colonization technology investment funds are in chaos.

From the Military News, Fleet Commander reports that war fleets are being built in the home system. They declare that URS The Ursine Empire # 6464 [slashing Black Claws On A Red Background will be stopped before entering our home system. Battle fleets will take back the adjacent nexus on turn 32. All armed ships are now on Zulu and pushing back.

"Has this rabbits found cloning center and medical centers then"

Rabbit Da Scientist chews on a carrot while answering questions to off world news crews. I will say our scientist are no longer in the dark about colonization. We have a better understanding today than when we started. This is making significant (BIG) differences in the our growth. That includes what to build, what not to build, when to disassemble and when to avoid using it all. Oh and I say that NONE of the information is reliable in the descriptions. Also, on the cloning centers and medical centers recent experiments have shown... Sorry I was interrupted by the Secret Police about sharing secrets. So, I would say eat your carrots...

Imperial Medical Centers only require 3rd Generation Medical Science and improved pharmaceuticals to construct. Cloning centers will require considerable investment in medical and life sciences as well as advanced resources required to construct them. But considering how many aspects of the game have been significantly reduced in Draco I seriously doubt that they will have the same effect as in Andromeda.

Your best bet is to spread like canc.... er wabbits and overwhelm your enemies with sheer numbers. :cannon: