Rolling Thunder Forums

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing much going on in central Europe, just clean up of the German empire, Rumania and the island countries. Canada will do ok again but will not win. It is very hard to get a winning score from across the sea. Thanks to allies Canadians will control all of Ireland and half of Italy in the end.

Elder Commander Link

• 1 month later...

Was indeed a nice game. Altough alliances were formed it was special game. You still could profit from working together but it was more difficult. Thanks for the game allies, enemies and other competitors!

The no TA aspect did add a small amount of difficulty, but it was easily overcome with the proper tools. Our group figured out pretty early that we could get intel very easily. You had to actively work at getting that info, but it was reliable and gave you an advantage if the other players had not yet figured it out. Someone did let the *secret* out of the bag pretty early, but I am not sure if too many picked up on it or not.

Anyway, good game all. It was fun and I did actually prefer this variant's intel gathering aspect compared to the traditional TA way. The planning part was more important and it made the game a bit more fun, or maybe just less stale than it has become as of late.

Thanks to all my allies and to those who we were able to make peace with in the end. That peace accord completely changed the outcome of the game, in my mind. The added pressure on the center of the map caused those who had a strangle hold on the game to quit with less than ten turns to go. Virtually unheard of....they should have stuck it out in my opinion. They may have still had a chance to win based on the mandatory victory conditions alone. I did not see their stats, but they must have had decent morale, money and kills.

Waiting for game 100 at this point. Good luck all!

Thanks all who stayed in this game. I thought it was a lot of fun, and enjoyed making new friends. I agree that the no TA added an interesting twist and probably turned out different than I envisioned as we began. It totally makes sense to work together however if it benefits both parties. I look forward to seeing the final results. Hopefully we can work together in future games.

• 4 weeks later...