Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost over. Russ will run the last turns on Tuesday (as late Thursday turns). I'll be conquering xErivan from you this last turn Pete, if you don't mind... :-)

A very nice game. Some nice surprises, with the Canadian Junkers as the turnaround in the Iberian war, but what a boost in our AIR kills.... Lucky Egypt, who chased Greece from Turkey by two turns on the same day as Greece, but just before him. It did cost him a whole lot of ARM points. xAnkara held until the bitter end, all enemies there destroyed by countless planes. Where did SR go? I do remember a forum post stating nobody had conquered anything in SR yet and about many defenses around the major cities.

Kudo's to Central Russia. That was one tough fight, outnumbered, but he did fight hard. Also to Spain, who gave half his country away to Canada and Morocco and who built the Iberian great wall on top of the Pyrenees.

Very much the same words from my side...

95 was an excellent game with a lot of interesting battles and developments...

Also very great to see that so many players sticked to their positions, making it very special also from that perspective.

A big thanks to the Westerners around Spain, which were excellent enemies in all aspects.

I am also very impressed by CR (Dan R.), which continued to fight for a very long time in an excellent manner ... not forget to mentioned that also the personal contact with him was really a pleasure all the time... it was very much a honour to meet you.

And last but not least...

Many thanks to Spain, Morocco, Canada and CR, which agreed on a info-sharing-agreement ("open battle reports")...

It allowed me to keep a somewhat stable routine in the very time-consuming game 95... and as a family-dad with two kids < 10 years and quite some business travel, that sort of stability was very important to allow me to stay on with victory...

I owe you a favour, friends :-)

So, is anyone else interested in sharing final turns? Austria, Hungary, Rumania, Yugoslavia, and Greece are all up for it. Just let us know. It's always interesting to see how the other half lives and plays.

I will share Libya's results. My goal was to take a country that had few survivors and try to finish. There are a few that had less than 15.

What next?

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Survivors,

I have been successful in collecting 13 of the 15 surviving players final turns. Only UAE and Ireland are absent from my collection. I have collected and calculated all these nations numbers in all victory condition categories. I realize there is no way we can get the dropped positions numbers, but getting the numbers for the surviving players woulds still go a long way towards calculating the surviving players standings. I understand that Russ is not always able to tabulate the final numbers for games that have ended right away so it has been my goal to try and do this while we wait.

If we can get UAE and Ireland's final turns, this will a lot to give us a really good idea of where everyone placed in the game. If anyone has contact with these players, please request that they send their final processed turn results to me. Thanks!

mkendrickj@yahoo.com

Thans Mike!

I understand that Russ is not always able to tabulate the final numbers for games that have ended right away so it has been my goal to try and do this while we wait

I also understand that, but only to a certain extent of time...

I don't think that it's on us to put together the final scores.

Despite several reminders, i am still waiting for the final statistics of 92 (ended autumn 2014) ... and the declaration of winners + statistics for 94 (ended autumn 2015)...

Now, another game added to my waiting list...

It's quite annoying, to be honest... :angry2:

Thans Mike!

I understand that Russ is not always able to tabulate the final numbers for games that have ended right away so it has been my goal to try and do this while we wait

I also understand that, but only to a certain extent of time...

I don't think that it's on us to put together the final scores.

Despite several reminders, i am still waiting for the final statistics of 92 (ended autumn 2014) ... and the declaration of winners + statistics for 94 (ended autumn 2015)...

Now, another game added to my waiting list...

It's quite annoying, to be honest... :angry2:

I agree whole-heartedly. I tried to choose my words to convey a more 'diplomatic' description of our wait time for Russ to produce the final numbers for this game and others. I want to hope for the best, but I must confess that I have come to assume the worst in guessing why we have had to wait so long for this information to get to us.

Sometimes I wish Russ would elicit more support/help from this community of players. It seems pretty clear that there are a lot of people that are eager to help and be part of a possible solution. This was my hope when there was still talk of a new version of Victory, and it was my hope yet again when the hardware Russ was using crashed/died. I realize Russ needs to be careful to elicit the most effective and constructive help from those that are offering, but I'm concerned that there has been little serious effort made by Russ to look into the support that has been offered by players.

As is always the case though, I can only assume that few if any of us know the whole story of Rolling Thunder Games, Inc or Russ' situation and why things happen or don't happen the way they do. Because of that lack of knowledge, we are left to guess and make sometimes unflattering assumptions about why things are the way they are when things are not running as smoothly or in as timely a fashion as we think they should.

I see this issue not just with Rolling Thunder Games, but with the youth soccer league I coach in and children play in for example. In both cases, my and many others biggest complaint is not that something is not being run well, it is that there is little or no communication with the clientele about negative issues that arise. People may not be happy to get bad news, but they much prefer that to no news at all. People's imagination and their frustrations run wild with assumptions about why things are not running as they should the longer they are left in the dark. Long story short, keep your people informed even if it's bad news. Not only can we take it, but maybe we can help. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been asking for years for results for 96... always told by Russ I need to find time to get to it...bottom line is it's a business customers pay a lot of money for over three years and they deserve to know the outcome

Yes, fully agree with you. I´ve been also asking about V96 but i got even no answer. I´m not playing Victory anymore if it´s too much to give an answer on a fair question. Everyone wants to know a result. Think about it, a game last 3 years and costs about 1400 dollars and no result.

• 3 years later...