Rolling Thunder Forums

Missiles and Torpedos

Gixxer

Hi all,

I'm just starting to build warships ( up to now I have just been building exploration types) and I was wondering about missiles and Torpedoes, Although it doesn't say in the ANZ descriptions, I was kind of expecting that they would be like fighters and drones, and have a separate Launcher you need to build, but haven't seen such an item in my research. So I guess they function like regular weapons, and when you build a missile, they come complete with the launch system, and you get an inexhaustible supply of the missiles on the ship?

If someone could confirm that for me, I can go ahead with my warship designs, thanks

Cheers

Gixxer

All my positions research all weapons...except for missiles and torpedoes . Just the 50 % defense against those for just having an AP of 8 is cringeworthy . Add CID's and Overlords into the mix , and those weapons , even in massive numbers , are almost worthless .

rfouasnon is correct. It would be best to research all weapon types. There is an incredible array of missile weapons in the game and yet because of that 'cringeworthy' 50% def bonus for manuver rating of 8 or better their effectiveness against mobile targets is very poor compared to all other weapons of the same generation level.

Note to your tacticians. If you arm your ships with missiles ensure they are used against fixed defenses only.

Yeah, I did notice that in other threads (since I posted my original enquiry), that missiles and torps tend not to be too effective. It was only because I have picked up a fair few missiles in EXPL finds that I was planning to use them, but am now looking at the more effective weapons I have in my stockpiles to use. I'll still build some missile ships, for when I come across any defence platforms :-)

Thanks for all the replies,

Gixxer