Rolling Thunder Forums

Player Aids

RTGRuss

Hello all,

We've got a new area on our website for all player-generated SN playing aids - strategy & tactics, worksheets, etc. :cheers:

SNROTE Player Aid Downloads

Any player wishing to contribute to this area is welcome to do so. :thumbsup: Send me an email with the file and the descriptive text (as you'd like it to appear on the web site - see site for reference) and I'll get it up asap.

If you wish to provide support (answer any questions, etc.) then please do via this forum (where we have public forums, email, private messages, etc. to help you).

If you use any of the playing aids, please take the time to thank the author for their time and effort. These aids are produced and provided by players with a desire to help their fellow gamers and with a love of gaming in general. :D

Optional: If you find a particular aid extremely helpful and wish to contribute a little something to the author - let me know via email or private message and I can help you arrange a small $ transfer into their RTG gaming account. (Note: This is not a requirement nor is it expected - just an option.)

Russ

:angry:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New file added 7/9/03

Items and Installations Starters Guide.xls

A guide giving you the descriptions, analyze information and materials required for building all of the technologies you start the game with (and the technologies that appear on your starting research list). Courtesy of Honored One Varadin of Exelon Concordium, Minister of Research for the GSL, compiled from the efforts of all members of the GSL. File Date 7/7/03

• 4 months later...

New files added 11/9/03

Lifeform2.xls

Updated version of PhaseDragon's lifeform generation spreadsheet. Very handy and fairly commonly used now by players (old and new alike) in setting up new positions. Courtesy of PhaseDragon.

Character.xls

A spreadsheet giving you the calculations for the new character recruitment percentages. Simply enter your selections in the blue fields. Based on the 11/7/03 RTG Government/Character data. Courtesy of Phoenix Arisen.

Ground Combat.pdf

A basic introduction to the Art of War as published by Jack Crow, Wing Commander of The Eyre.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello All

I am new, just recieved my setup, is there an enhanced Basic Production.xls out there that i can get from someone? The one that is available is ok, but i am clueless with excel and dont know how to modify it without trashing it. :ranting:

It would be nice to have one where it calculates remaining CM and etc as they are used and produced, also the current one doesnt have a listing for when you build refineries etc.

Otherwise ill go crazy trying to figure out all these production numbers. Ive been reading the forums alot and got alot of good info.

Thnx,

Kolight@qwest.net

Gargoyle Alliance

• 9 months later...
If you would like to contact me directly I would should  be able to help you out with your beginning spreadsheet needs.

Although it was directed towards another player, may I enquire about obtaining the spreadsheet?

I've tried the one Dragon.... put up, but run into too many errors (win xp and ms office 2k).

I appreciate any assistance here.

Larry

larry@lwlawrence.com

• 4 years later...

As I try to grok the complete ruleset I find that I have to jump around quite a bit in the 80 some odd paged rulebook. This is difficult however, as I have to remember which pages the various sections and subsections are on.

So, I've added PDF Bookmarks to the latest (2009.08.02) posted rules containing all the Chapters, sections and subsections. It should be viewable in most PDF viewers.

Nothing else has been modified of course. You can grab it here:

http://www.filedropper.com/snrulesv250toc

• 4 years later...

Can anyone tell me if the player aid SNFindPath is still available for download anywhere. Since moving to my new computer that's about the only tool that I haven't been able to access or transfer - and I use the *&(*&Y%$#^%$^# thing every turn of course! Either I'm looking straight at it and missing it entirely - or it ain't there where I thought it would be!

Ummmm - help?

• 5 months later...

Ok folks,

Got some odd returns on construction. I have a convoy route to build up infastructure - all the classics Resorts, Admins, etc. The odd thing is I git the following:

CON, 5, Cathedral

Your construction workers were only able to scrounge up enough Construction Materials to build 0 Cathedral(s)

CON, 5, Mission

Your construction workers were only able to scrounge up enough Construction Materials to build 2 Mission(s)

CON, 5, Shrine

Your construction workers were only able to scrounge up enough Construction Materials to build 1 Shrine(s)

So what gives? If Cathedral, Mission and Shrine all require 500 Con Mat, why would one earlier in the sequence fail, while ones later not?

Any one know?

Ok folks,

Got some odd returns on construction. I have a convoy route to build up infastructure - all the classics Resorts, Admins, etc. The odd thing is I git the following:

CON, 5, Cathedral

Your construction workers were only able to scrounge up enough Construction Materials to build 0 Cathedral(s)

CON, 5, Mission

Your construction workers were only able to scrounge up enough Construction Materials to build 2 Mission(s)

CON, 5, Shrine

Your construction workers were only able to scrounge up enough Construction Materials to build 1 Shrine(s)

So what gives? If Cathedral, Mission and Shrine all require 500 Con Mat, why would one earlier in the sequence fail, while ones later not?

Any one know?

INST: Cathedral;4000;Construction Materials

Your issue may have been you did not have enough Con Mats.

Welcome and good luck.