• 8 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey Guys

I need some help here I just switch over from the other game .And I don't remember what has change in Draco from the other game .So any help would be helpful

• 9 months later...

I have updated the general advice pdf(s) I originally wrote and used to create the wiki, and have now put them online.

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~scottv/Files/General%20Advice%20-Andromeda.pdf

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~scottv/Files/General%20Advice%20-%20Draco.pdf.

Draco file updated 22 May 17 to fix some typos, add the new attrition installations and update the transfer of characters

Draco file updated 18 September 2017.

“A character can be assigned to any of your fleets or ANY world with a single AC order. The character does not need to be at the same location as either the fleet or world and you do not need to have any in-game knowledge of the world.” Pete has now amended this:- “Illegal character assignment may result in Bad Things happening to them. They definitely don't want Santa to think they are being bad this year. Be sure that you're assigning characters to worlds in systems where the character is already present. –Pete”. This implies you can AC a character anywhere in the system they are currently in and that if you try to assign them out of that system, the character may be lost, rather than the order just failing.

I contacted Pete about this to make sure and it seems the only change is the amount of times they can be transferred.

Hi Pete and Russ,
1. Can leaders be transferred to any fleet anywhere? I was wondering because some people said that bad things happen to them if I break certain rules. What are those rules for leaders. Right now I'm sending them to different fleets in different systems to break warp points. I understand they can only be transferred once per turn.

Pete Dorman <pete@rollingthunder.com> To 'Richard Johns' May 18 at 7:56 PM

Richard,

1 – You can transfer them to your fleets without issue (once per turn per leader).

Pete

I am colonization race and I can tell you the temperature and atmosphere bars have no real impact on my race. Whether I am on a gas giant or freezing world. The atmosphere has no real impact either. All the titles (high, etc.) have no impact on whether I can live there. I do the CSV for fun. However, the main trouble spots seem to be pollution only. I am also checking to see if microbes my bother me. Pollution seems to be the only thing that bothers me even with the pollution centers. I may improve my regeneration later to see if I can remove this issue.

It's seems our race are also good colonizers even though that wasn't our intent at the getgo. Haven't tried to colonize a Gas Giant yet but with domed cities DCH's weather control stations we have been able to achieve 'ideal conditions ' on worlds that surveyed as 'extremely high'. This makes the PMAP order more important after of course the more important GEO order.

Gas giants are tricky. At low pop, a colony can probably survive.

i tried to colonize one years ago, had all the tech, droped a few hindred no issues. I got cocky, dropped somethimg like 30k more pop and built it up. Then i notoced my pop was dying greater than my growth. Tried to offset it with more pop, got worse. Lesson learned.

Fortunately in Draco Gas Giants have lost some of their allure as other sources of the resources commonly found on GG's can be found in even greater abundance on worlds that are much more hospitable. :) the only reason I would colonize one would be to prevent its use as an easy source of fuel