Rolling Thunder Forums

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC,

You actually encouraged your attackers. Never post on a public forum that you switched to a different country (Poland) and were seeking revenge against your attacker (Germany). Throwing some meat in the water just creates a feeding frenzy for those sharks circling in the water. Why not invade a dropped country where the chance of success is a lot better and the original attacker will likely have to turn his attention to the new threat (Poland). In addition to a friend in the game Daggerad's posts of DW and maps is another source information (Since I thought you had dropped I actually posted the attack in response to Brogan's post about Norway and Sweden going to war). Perhaps a modification for this type of game in the future would be if Russ were to post the RWE on the forum after each batch of turns was processed. A little ground truth to go along with the propaganda. Have fun, Rick

DC,

You actually encouraged your attackers. Never post on a public forum that you switched to a different country (Poland) and were seeking revenge against your attacker (Germany). Throwing some meat in the water just creates a feeding frenzy for those sharks circling in the water. Why not invade a dropped country where the chance of success is a lot better and the original attacker will likely have to turn his attention to the new threat (Poland). In addition to a friend in the game Daggerad's posts of DW and maps is another source information (Since I thought you had dropped I actually posted the attack in response to Brogan's post about Norway and Sweden going to war). Perhaps a modification for this type of game in the future would be if Russ were to post the RWE on the forum after each batch of turns was processed. A little ground truth to go along with the propaganda. Have fun, Rick

You only tell the truth on this page if you are a maskatist!!!

DC,

I ran the day the news was put out that norway and sweden were at war. Just did not know it was me being attacked. Currently the war between poland and germany is a sham, his entire army and every division he has built is still attacking me in southern denmark. the entire border of germany along poland remains german.... I said i switched to poland just to give germany a laugh, since he knows who is playing poland. And as far as the northern group attacking me, I guess it has been planned all along. Since they are all friends up north, where else are the going to go...... I made a few mistakes in my defenses, its a game it happens. The geman player is not happy, if it was not for having safe borders around his country he would be in worse shape then me. I will fight on, and when i finally die, i will join another game. That's why we play.

DC,

I ran the day the news was put out that norway and sweden were at war. Just did not know it was me being attacked. Currently the war between poland and germany is a sham, his entire army and every division he has built is still attacking me in southern denmark. the entire border of germany along poland remains german.... I said i switched to poland just to give germany a laugh, since he knows who is playing poland. And as far as the northern group attacking me, I guess it has been planned all along. Since they are all friends up north, where else are the going to go...... I made a few mistakes in my defenses, its a game it happens. The geman player is not happy, if it was not for having safe borders around his country he would be in worse shape then me. I will fight on, and when i finally die, i will join another game. That's why we play.

You actuality thing in can think that far ahead? Kool!!!

Yes it is hard to foresee all attacks. DC is right in that Norway and I planned an attack early in the game. We figured Germany would not attack as he has a difficult position with so many neighbors to defend against. We were surprised by Germany's move from the South as we never saw that coming. We also really began to think you dropped as your post indicated based on a lack of builds the EM missions showed. So guess we didn't see that one either.

At leaqst none of us in this game will be surprised by a Cede Location order blocking an attack avenue. Have fun, RIck

First off I knew out of all my neighbors that Denmark had no other option than to attack me which made my job easier in a way. So I made agreements with as many neighbors as I could and bet the farm against Denmark. I never could get a hold of a few of my neighbors but working with others certainly helped. For the record, I had no idea about Finland and Norway wanting to invade Denmark. It certainly made my war with Denmark easier, but has drastically cut down my spoils. Onward to Poland!

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-96t10.png

No new wars, some new developments in the wars that are already on.

The Balkan remains a mess, but there are other parts of the map that seem very quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

I had hoped this game would be a mano a mano test, but alas as in virtually every game of Victory! people have found a way around the rules to still gain an advantage. All you need is a 0 counter ops level, and a decent intel level, and you can get all the battle reports from you co conspiritors. Hardly seems like the spirit of the game when we were discussing it, but if it helps certain people win, then I guess it's ok.

I must say I am disappointed, though I guess not surprised.

Interesting. But that only gets you the last battle report in the cue correct? In other words if you do 2 EM BAT missions are the reports different or the same. Having a 0 Counter Intel level also lets your enemy discover your forces easier. Not sure its worth it considering the cost in orders and potential for a enemy to locate your forces even easier.