Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

You are most welcome! I think I am confident in saying we do not have near enough tonnage to do the job, however I did not want to disappoint. At any rate, it takes forever to build up large fleets and then to never have them actually shoot at something is really depressing. Speaking for myself, I don't see ever getting this much tonnage in one place again.

You will be missed in any case and have made it worth sticking around.

It has been fun.

:cheers:

Well said. Having a competent adversary has kept it interesting and fun. I'm not prematurely counting a win, despite the "trash talk", I think if you have pulled in another ally over the past couple months and get your tonnage 30% or so higher than ours we'll be about evenly matched due to surface fortress integrity. If we come out victorious, I expect to have only one of my mobile ships survive - I think you probably know which one.

Regardless of the outcome.....Bo, I sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavors as I retire to become a professional "beach bum"

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no possibility that Andromeda results will get out today - huge (more like titanic) battle raging even as I type this. It probably won't finish until tonight (the battle, not the results). Results no earlier than some time on Friday, likely later rather than earlier.

Wow, does this mean my 125,000 ton ship finally sees some action? :-)

Gixxer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only need one jump drive of any type to get through a warp point. Transwarp Drives are what you really need. They allow your ships to not lose all their APs after a WARP order. That is for non-combat jumps. If you want to figure out the actual combat warp bubble of your ship design, then simply add up the strength of all jump drives (including the transwarp drive). If that number is equal to the tonnage of your ship then your combat warp bubble will be 1. That's efficient. Just divide your total jump capacity into your ship tonnage to get the combat warp bubble. The higher the number, the less efficient it is. Each warp point can allow a certain number of combat warp bubble through each combat pulse. If you have 10 ships with a CWB of 5 and the warp point your are going through is rated for 7 CWB each pulse (you get this number when you successfully SURV the warp point) then only 1 ship goes through each combat pulse. If the warp point was rated for 15 CWB than three of your ships would go through each combat pulse.

• 4 weeks later...