Rolling Thunder Forums

Empire Ownership Issue

RTGRuss

I believe this is exactly what Russ was referring to as psychological warfare.

Of course it is important to remember that the Oracle of Delphi was burned and sacked dozens of times. For example:

279 BC: Gauls plundered the sanctuary.

86 BC: Sulla plundered the sanctuary.

83 BC: Barbarians from Thrace plundered the sanctuary and set fire to the temple.

So let history be our guide and in the end the Oracle of Delphi will be nothing but dust and bones.

Lord SaHeru

In an effort to support Galatic Peace, the Apshai provide this tool. Enjoy.

The photo below has two identical dolphins in it.

It was used in a case study on stress level at St. Mary's Hospital.

Look at both dolphins jumping out of the water. The dolphins are identical.

A closely monitored, scientific study of a group revealed that in spite

of the fact that the dolphins are identical, a person under stress would

find differences in the two dolphins. If there are many differences found

between both dolphins, it means that the person is experiencing a great

amount of stress. Look at the photograph and if you find more than one

or two differences you may want to take a vacation.

http://webpages.charter.net/hkirtley/stress/02.htm

One result of players linking up their empires to gain an advantage is that the ganged up on player just quits and cries foul. It may well be justified but still quite sad that he didn't at least put up a fight. Also, the linked empires now have nobody to fight. Do they turn on each other for lack of nothing better to do?

If you project the perceived course of the game forward then eventually the galaxy will become similar to the Star Trek universe with only a few galactic powers and lots of minor threat empires or those just barely above a nuisance. A broad production base is by far more important than technology especially when tech advances slow down to maybe a few per year. You will be "stuck" with the tech you have for a while. Mass production of that technology will tip the scale in your favor.

And as we all know...you can always start a new empire at any time. Most of the players probably have more than 1 empire. Probably one is secret. It is something to consider especially when there seems to be pockets of space where empires are concentrated and other areas where empires still have no contact (like me). I am not sure where in the galaxy I am but I fear no one. I will fight to the last man and victory over me will cost you dearly. Bring it on!

I am not sure where in the galaxy I am but I fear no one. I will fight to the last man and victory over me will cost you dearly. Bring it on!

Finally!!....Now you're starting to sound like a drow. :(

Now that thing with the 4 arms....sounds like botched job, a cross between drow and drider. :lol:

Btw, I'm here to stay, worms or no worms. :P

• 13 years later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:46 AM, richardjohns said:

Where can we get a list of dropped empires and their distance from us so we can get one close to us? I believe this is the new path of the game.

If you want to do that, you need to find an empire with your scout ships in game, then talk the owner of that empire into giving you ownership. If the empire's Privacy setting is on, you will have to ask around to see if anyone knows who it is.