Rolling Thunder Forums

SN Entry Program and Vista?

Takeda

Usually do my turn on my desktop at home, but wanted to get some stuff done on my laptop. Laptop has Vista and I got an error message when I tried to install the entry program. Something like 3044?

Anyone else have problems with Vista?

Usually do my turn on my desktop at home, but wanted to get some stuff done on my laptop. Laptop has Vista and I got an error message when I tried to install the entry program. Something like 3044?

I am running Vista. I did have some errors when I first loaded the Entry program but I reinstalled and that solved the problem. I have had no errors since then.

Make sure you download the program from the RTG website and install it.

I am running Vista. I did have some errors when I first loaded the Entry program but I reinstalled and that solved the problem. I have had no errors since then.

Make sure you download the program from the RTG website and install it.

I will give that a try.

• 3 months later...

Just got a new computer, and unfortunately it has Vista. Tried to run the program and got the TCBG6.ocx error not registered. (runtime error 339) I downloaded the program again directly to no avail. The 'missing'' file is in the same directory as the turn entry progarm. This has happened everytime I've replaced computers. Ok, remind me what I do again...... :woohoo::)

• 2 weeks later...
Just got a new computer, and unfortunately it has Vista. Tried to run the program and got the TCBG6.ocx error not registered. (runtime error 339) I downloaded the program again directly to no avail. The 'missing'' file is in the same directory as the turn entry progarm. This has happened everytime I've replaced computers. Ok, remind me what I do again...... :D:D

Did you download form the RTG site and reinstall it. I am running Vista and that solved the problem for me. (See above.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new computer, and unfortunately it has Vista. Tried to run the program and got the TCBG6.ocx error not registered. (runtime error 339) I downloaded the program again directly to no avail. The 'missing'' file is in the same directory as the turn entry progarm. This has happened everytime I've replaced computers. Ok, remind me what I do again...... :angry2::blink:

Did you download form the RTG site and reinstall it. I am running Vista and that solved the problem for me. (See above.)

Thanks. Actually, I just needed to rerun the setup program, and all was fine.

:D

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm about to buy a new laptop and thought I would try out Vista. As I want to have 4GB RAM I also intend to run a 64-bit system. Do any of you have experience if the SN order program works on a Vista 64-bit system? I understand from the posts above that the order program works with Vista but I guess that is the 32-bit system.

I sure don't want to buy a computer that I can't use to play SuperNova... :angry2:

Cheers,

Peter

Hi,

I'm about to buy a new laptop and thought I would try out Vista. As I want to have 4GB RAM I also intend to run a 64-bit system. Do any of you have experience if the SN order program works on a Vista 64-bit system? I understand from the posts above that the order program works with Vista but I guess that is the 32-bit system.

I sure don't want to buy a computer that I can't use to play SuperNova... :angry2:

Cheers,

Peter

It works fine. My computer died a few months ago, and I replaced it with an off the shelf HP box running 64-bit Vista. No problems so far.

Just be sure to install the Snrote.exe download, then overwrite it with the SN Turn entry.zip, or you'll miss some of the required files. In other words, installing on Vista 64-bit is no different from installing on any other OS.

• 2 weeks later...