game 97

gecko

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t17.png

- The world needs some clarification on the middleEast after this turn, I agree.

- Transjordan has gone on a conquering spree. Who'se side are they on?

- xMadrid has hallen and with it the last major city in Spain.

-xStockholm is next? Go Sweden! While we're at it, Goi Poland!

- Forgot that Sofia was still Greek (Past tense).

From the home front:

- Once again the entire Italian airforce was grounded due to bad weather. A wise decision of our brave chaps. After all, who would like to fly into a mountain side because of a little mist?

- After months and months of practicing on the parade grounds our troops finally can march like real soldiers.

- The new Littorio class battleship is really beautifull. Better not risk getting some scratches on the paint.

The Greek escapes in Sofia will be rounded up shortly. We have already executed the Greek escapees in Plovdiv and Nikopol. Lead rain does wonders on morale as well. There is a lot sale on Greek jeeps for target practice. We seem to have an abundance down here now.

I am also looking forward to tea in Athens. They say we are arriving at the perfect time of year. Supposedly not too hot yet. The big problem is most of the women resemble Zorba and are definitely a bit more hairy.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t18.png

- Two cities to go on each team in the Great African Race.

- In the middle east, a new and powerfull TA stretches its wings.

- GB has invaded France (Again).

- Portugal has joined the common effort against the Swiss. Whu untill know have been lucky that all of their neighbours had a lot of other things to do.

- Now that the weather has cleared, the Italian airforce has finally done something. Come on boys, don't be shy.

The Greek roundup continues. Zorba singing his poor heart out, all to no avail! Hungarian party goers spotted on the beach in Athens suburbs! Rumor has it the Turks are tired of dying on Greek soil, saying it brings back bad memories of the Persian empire. Bulgaria still lives! Fortunately for Bulgaria, her allies were able to save her from total annihilation. Viva la Bulgaria!!! Also, Hungarian fishing vessels now spotted on the Adriatic Sea! Who would have seen that coming?

Last I checked there were still Hungarian soldiers on Greek soil. The others left to crush the remaining Greek troops. Losing all those divisions in 3 turns must be painful. The Turks are all that is saving Greece from occupation currently. The question is, will Turkey avoid the Hungarians? Bulgaria is 90% liberated. Another painful question-with Eastern Turkey void of any ground forces, who will step in and take that real estate?

• 2 weeks later...

Last I checked there were still Hungarian soldiers on Greek soil. The others left to crush the remaining Greek troops. Losing all those divisions in 3 turns must be painful. The Turks are all that is saving Greece from occupation currently. The question is, will Turkey avoid the Hungarians? Bulgaria is 90% liberated. Another painful question-with Eastern Turkey void of any ground forces, who will step in and take that real estate?

Those marines didn't last two days in Greece, but I think your 90% number is rather inflated. We own 7 of 11 cities and provinces, are exchanging 2-3 provinces per turn, and oh yeah, there is a nice surprise awaiting you.

1 There are no more Hungarians in Greece. Or, in Bulgaria.

2 Would the Turks avoid the Hungarians? The only forces seeking to avoid contact were the Hungarians who ran like rabbits when they were attacked. Mothers throughout the Balkans can reassure their children tonight with the fact that Marshall Potiorek, The butcher of Plovdiv and Nikopol, has been brought to Justice with his entire command.

3 Bulgaria is almost 90% liberated.

4 Marshall Potiorek's insignia and the colors of the 33rd army with it's 17 divisions have been sent to Ankara to join the war bond display. He joins Rumanian General Dinka and the 8th army as well as, Marshall Stanculescu and the 6th army, another 16 division colors.

5 Only General Logofatu and the 12th Rumanian army has been able to escape, just barely, with an avg strength of 16%.

6 About those 8 Greek Mech and 2 airborne that were lost in three turns. It has cost the Hungarian and Rumanian armies 10ss, 13 mech, 8 mtr.and 2 airborne, plus the devastation of another army in their vain efforts to save Bulgaria. Then add in the damage my Greek allies have inflicted and I think it could be considered "Acceptable Losses"