Game 98

Predator

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well green line or vet to stay in the fight you have to be in the fight......you have to use the resources at hand... and furthermore there is fighter cover over all my armies you just got lucky not being intercepted

As for throwing our game position away I agree 100% our group acted as individuals instead of an alliance.

I did a lot of recon and only found a corp at xAntwerp that could threaten my green army... that's why I put it on the left flank instead of the right where it would've bordered your army at sedan. Realistically your 6 div would never defeat 15 full strength div on the battlefield, just another of victory "bug"... like air dropping regiments into empty cities with no strategic value... a questionable tactic at best..

I have never heard of anyone complaining about when someone runs their turn. If I run my turn the day before you do you not still have the option to wait for one of your allies turns if you feel you need defensive battle info?... yes... so climb down off your holier than thou pedestal

You want shady tactics this is shady tactics:

Game 82

The group we were fighting was doing coastal bombardments and strategic bombings of unpopulated port cities in the med. the terror bombardments were done to drive down people's morale until they went negative and then they would force peace on them to neutralize their country...other than the one turn in this game of an illegal fc you have nothing to complain about from my group...to answer your last question.... I gave up a long time ago on this game, pretty much when lowlands did his own thing... my group wanted to drop but I know victory sucks when whole groups drop because things aren't going their way so I talked everyone into not dropping.. maybe it's time to revisit that discussion.

Btw dude this is just a game don't be so serious. It's war losing an army or an air group or a city is not that serious.. your going to take losses in war ..let's just have fun?

Btw dude this is just a game don't be so serious. It's war losing an army or an air group or a city is not that serious.. your going to take losses in war ..let's just have fun

Exactly. I see it like a game of chess. You don't get bent out of shape if you lose a piece or two. And it's not a big deal if you lose a game. It's all about enjoying playing the game!

Btw dude this is just a game don't be so serious. It's war losing an army or an air group or a city is not that serious.. your going to take losses in war ..let's just have fun

Exactly. I see it like a game of chess. You don't get bent out of shape if you lose a piece or two. And it's not a big deal if you lose a game. It's all about enjoying playing the game!

Exactly, you work with what you have, anyway you can. That is war.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya British tech sucks against Russian give yourself credit you've done nothing accept be a cry baby and asshole the whole game but that's par for the course for you. Now kill the remaining armies so this game can be over....

On a more serious note: I'm a "cry baby" because I do not like players exploiting the bugs in this game, bugs any of the experienced player knows, there is even a list somewhere on the forum. Exploiting them to such a level that Russ feels the need to step in and repair the damage. Plus your use of "blinding" in any game you are part of. Like I said before: I'm happy there are also players that help when such thing happen, as they also oppose these tactics.

Oh, and British tech sucks against Russian, of course, that is why you've been losing. It has nothing to do with the pisspoor choices you and you're allies have been making all game long. I can point you to a lot of them, but lets keep it at this last defeat of 15 green tanks on HD with no FC (or to far away, but I'm guessing none). Yes those tanks don't have DSM 0.7. But not using the DMOG order or putting any FC over them, or sending 15 green tanks to the front in an important position, those are your own mistakes. SO again you gained advantage by delaying and blinding and again you've thrown that advantage away in just two turns.

You've done a very good job on getting everyone in the game throwing everything at us, because, oooh, look how scary they are. In truth, you and your allies are the ones who gave us the position we are in now by throwing the game away, with the resources and pop firmly in your advantage. First Lowlands (who actually owned parts of CZ), then France, now you have lost major battles with all the odds on your side.

But thanks for playing. When will you give up?

To all other players: Sorry for this rant against predator, but his remark has been bugging me all night.

Oh wait, you have never slid you run date to get an advantage on an enemy is that right? Wow do you come off looking bad there my friend.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 3:10 AM, elpasopete said:

Lord, the Suez area is full of dead SS Panzers, Fireflies, and HA Shermans.  Now my amphib fleets are going down.

Algeria has the largest air force I have seen. (My Swedes is game 84 were bigger though. )

Much fun guys. 

Pete

Persia98

That's Des for you. The one thing that works is to have more, better and more experienced fighters. Always have max FC, maximize your chances of intercepting his bombers and keep your bases well defended. And be very happy that the end of the game is in winter, where TAS damage is reduced by 50%.

2 hours ago, The Fremen said:

where TAS damage is reduced by 50%.

where in the rules is this stated or was it an add on somewhere along the way.

Chapter 10.2: Weather can also affect the success of various air missions. Strategic Reconnaissance Ratings, Maritime Detection Ratings, Strategic Bombing Ratings, Aerial Minelaying Ratings and Tactical Strike Ratings can all be reduced by poor weather conditions.

The percentage can be empirically found. DO lots of TAS missions and calculate the differences.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Falco said:

one turn left. How fare the planes over the Sinai?

Big fight is essentially in TJ.  Doesn't look like there is time for it to spread too much.  Some attacks into Syria which keep being repulsed.  Tentative push into SA border areas, but nothing in range is significant.