• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tigeriith

tigeriith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

A significant part of my printout seems to be alien fleet sightings. It would seem to be better for the player if he had less sightings to scan and the processing cycle if it had less printout to generate.

How would folks feel about not getting a printout for fleets of empires where your relationship is "Total Alliance"? Or, maybe something could be worked out that conditioned the printout to the level of your alliance?

Or how about adding text based on your diplomatic settings against each empire sighted. so an ally would show as "Allied Alien Fleet", and enemy as "Enemy Alien Fleet" and so on. Empires without a diplomatic setting would show as "Unknown Alien Fleet". You could then easily search though your turn for enemies and unknowns.

Tiger IIth

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

#2 Flagritz

Flagritz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

I think there is definitely merit to your suggestion, it would be nice if there was a way that made unknown or enemy contacts more obvious then the large number of friendly sightings, I have to admit it is easy to miss when you are getting dozens of hits from maybe one or two neighbours you are working with.

However I think I would still want to see what my allies are running about in or where they are visiting, I think the second idea of additional text would be preferable, it would be easy enough to do a quick search for the txt unknown or enemy in the pdf :)

#3 hobknob

hobknob

Keeper of the Galactic Directory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

I would love a summary of fleet sightings but I want them all, not just part of them. Total allies can turn on you as well so I want to know about all fleets moving in my area of space.
Hobknob
Keeper of the Galactic Directory
hobknob15@gmail.com

#4 tigeriith

tigeriith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

Totally off topic but guess that is normal . How do I leave my profile information in my profile but prevent it from appearing under my icon when I post something? Sure it is an easy to find setting but , not easy for me.

Tiger IIth

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

#5 Lord Deependra

Lord Deependra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

How about adding your diplomatic settings to the fleet sighting? Then you could search your turn for "Total Ally Fleet", "Enemy Fleet", "Unknown Fleet" (for all empires towards whom you have no settings) and so on.

#6 Krelnett_of_Kraan

Krelnett_of_Kraan

Master of Mead

• Holy Brotherhood of Brewmasters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Data analysis, spaceflight, wargaming. Am I perfect for this game, or what?

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

I'll add my vote for including the diplo status with each sighting.
Former member of the Galactic Senate
Co-founding member of AWAIN

Drink more mead!

#7 El Capitan

El Capitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

I think that is a fantastic idea to add a tag to fleet sightings stating the diplo status. As already stated, this would allow for searches. I also like the idea of using bold lettering to ID Enemy, Unknown Alien, etc. Great idea!

But don't take away ally or total ally sightings. I don't want anything to hinder the process of generating fleet sightings. Something like this might just create new areas for bugs. Like when two total allies both have fleets at a location and a third party moves in.

#8 Krelnett_of_Kraan

Krelnett_of_Kraan

Master of Mead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Data analysis, spaceflight, wargaming. Am I perfect for this game, or what?

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

But don't take away ally or total ally sightings. I don't want anything to hinder the process of generating fleet sightings. Something like this might just create new areas for bugs. Like when two total allies both have fleets at a location and a third party moves in.

Ooh, good point.

Drink more mead!

#9 Breoghan

Breoghan

Old Hand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Interests:Living, not just existing.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Why not have the sightings listed as a separate report like the characters, ship types etc, rather than being buried in the turn response to orders?

Breoghan

Life goes on, then one day it doesn't. The rest is just there to keep things interesting. (a Breoghanism)
The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth. The Rest of Us are going to the Stars. (dunno who said it, but I like his thinking!)
Quoth a foe, "Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him" (Yep!)

#10 Krelnett_of_Kraan

Krelnett_of_Kraan

Master of Mead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Because then it would be harder to make sure sightings are triggering battles when they should.

Drink more mead!

#11 El Capitan

El Capitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Why not have the sightings listed as a separate report like the characters, ship types etc, rather than being buried in the turn response to orders?

and it can be important to know when a fleet moved, not just where it moved.

#12 Highwayman

Highwayman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:destroyomg all empires and allies of marcus...

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

i think it is fine just the way it is. makes you actually look at all of them. and this game is all about not making mistakes.. sooooo hard not to make mistakes.

#13 ali-t-akua

ali-t-akua

Elder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

i think it is fine just the way it is. makes you actually look at all of them. and this game is all about not making mistakes.. sooooo hard not to make mistakes.

I hear you.
Ali-t, the akua of
The Skyron Confederation#3857

Aloha

Currently at peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users