Rolling Thunder Forums

New Victory! order entry program

Several people have asked for an update on the Victory! Order Entry Program (aka VOEP) project, so here's a short message to let you all know that first I needed a break from programming, then I was pretty sick and since then I've been pretty busy both at work and at home. But fear not, I have not abandoned it!

But not having double orders seemed a rather big issue if you're playing one of the larger countries in the game, so I decided to try and add those. It requires quite a serious change in the program's fundaments though, so I would not expect a new release for a couple of more weeks, and with my vacation coming up.... might even be a bit longer.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several people have asked for an update on the Victory! Order Entry Program (aka VOEP) project, so here's a short message to let you all know that first I needed a break from programming, then I was pretty sick and since then I've been pretty busy both at work and at home. But fear not, I have not abandoned it!

But not having double orders seemed a rather big issue if you're playing one of the larger countries in the game, so I decided to try and add those. It requires quite a serious change in the program's fundaments though, so I would not expect a new release for a couple of more weeks, and with my vacation coming up.... might even be a bit longer.

Thanks for your efforts Hamish! The old Vicentry program has been very helpful, but it really works badly with the new operating systems. Double orders would certainly be a good addition.

Race

• 1 month later...

Just a short post to let you know I have picked this up again, completely rewriting the application, making it more object-oriented to deal with the complications double orders introduce. Busy recreating the last features and will then release 0.9.7 in a couple of weeks I think. Sooner if I can discover a hidden cache of free time somewhere.

Just a short post to let you know I have picked this up again, completely rewriting the application, making it more object-oriented to deal with the complications double orders introduce. Busy recreating the last features and will then release 0.9.7 in a couple of weeks I think. Sooner if I can discover a hidden cache of free time somewhere.

That's good news!

Holiday's over, so I'm more than willing to give it another testing run.

Whenever you're ready of course.

Regards,

THE SHeikh

• 5 weeks later...
I recently bought a new comp and it came with 64 bit Vista. Vic entry and vic man won't work, says i need a 64 bit version of the program. Anyone have a 64 bit version of the vic entry?

My Vic entry works on Vista (remember to keep the whole program in the same file however) but it locks up at least once a session when I use it. But at least I can still get the job done.

Until we can get better it is advisable to keep access to an older machine with XP just in case some future version of VISTA kills Vic entry completely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...