Rolling Thunder Forums

Forum Registration Notes

RTGRuss

Hi Guys,

A while back I had to change the forum registration rules so that all folks registering a new forum ID had to have that ID validated by an administrator (me) before they became forum members with full privileges (posting, etc.). This also applies to changing the email address of an existing forum ID (not something I've had a problem with but it came with the validation process for new IDs and I haven't found a way to do one and not the other).

The registration process was changed because we were having too many problems with non-gamers registering IDs then spamming the board (posting spam links, etc.).

This shouldn't affect most of you but if you are a new player to the forums (or a veteran player setting up an alternate board ID or changing an email address) there will now be a delay after you register before you'll be able to enjoy the full privileges of board membership. I'll be notified of all registration requests by the board via email but sometimes it can be difficult to tell when a registration is legitimate.

Accordingly, if you are a new player registering here on the forums (or a veteran setting up an alternate or new ID or changing the email address for an existing ID) please send me an email at my Russ@rollingthunder.com address to let me know and I'll get your registration/change approved right away :beer:

Take care and good gaming! :cheers:

Russ

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Just a reminder guys - if you set up a new ID here on the forums (either as a new player or a veteran with a secondary ID) please drop me a note and let me know so I can get it validated for you :woohoo:

Russ

Hi Guys,

I've been having some issues of late with spam bot registrations on the boards here so I've had to disable new registrations for now. If you are a new player or a veteran player wanting to set up a new forum ID just drop me a note and let me know and we'll get it worked out from there.

Take care & good gaming!

Russ