Rolling Thunder Forums

RTG Help Request

RTGRuss

Hey Guys,

We've been having trouble today trying to figure out a problem here on the forums that was triggering anti-virus software warnings. I was getting the AV triggers myself early today (and got several reports from others that were as well) but now I'm not getting AV reports when I come to the forum site. I've been working with the hosting company and they are pretty perplexed by all this as well.

So...how can you guys help...

IF you are currently getting an Anti-Virus alert when you come to the site (not if you were getting one earlier but IF you are getting one now) - please send me an email at my Russ@rollingthunder.com address and let me know along with details

What OS are you running?

What browser and browser version?

What Anti-Virus software do you use?

What are the details that your AV software gives you about the event.

Remember - only IF you are still getting the anti-virus alerts. Hopefully this will help us track down whatever the problem was/is, etc.

Thanks much,

Russ

Hi Guys,

We are still working on the problem that we've had with the forums the last few days. The hosting company is definitely trying to get it fixed - here is a copy of a notice they put out.

**It has come to our attention that a recently discovered weakness in the Linux kernel has allowed dynamic altering of some customer websites, triggering anti-virus software. Please be sure that your website has not been compromised and the issue exists on a Linux/server level. We are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Please note that the fix for some customers may entail being migrated to new hardware with improved software more capable of acommodating the necessary security enhancements. In all cases, no data loss will occur and your website will remain fully in tact.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience while we work to restore full service as quickly as possible.**

So, hopefully they'll get this thing resolved as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone who has passed along info to me about the AV alerts they were getting, etc.

Russ

Hi Guys,

The problem the hosting company was having on their servers should be corrected now so hopefully that's the last of the AV alerts, etc.

If you have any problems today please let me know - I'll be checking in myself as well.

Thanks in advance,

Russ