Rolling Thunder Forums

Vicentry printer issues

Need a little help with my printer not picking up the print command from Vicentry. The orders entry works fine, no problem printing anything else in program, but when i try to print a copy of the orders entered it just sits there. Cnt-alt-del only way to return home. :)

I know it's a confg issue, but without error message I'm not finding anything that can get it to work. Using WnXP & HP 5440. :ranting:

Any ideas :rolleyes: ?

Need a little help with my printer not picking up the print command from Vicentry. The orders entry works fine, no problem printing anything else in program, but when i try to print a copy of the orders entered it just sits there. Cnt-alt-del only way to return home. :)

I know it's a confg issue, but without error message I'm not finding anything that can get it to work. Using WnXP & HP 5440. :ranting:

This won't help much, but I've never been able to print. XP, or window 98. I write it out on paper then enter and check twice before sending.

Since Vicentry is DOS based I have never had luck getting it to print. I am also experiencing multiple crashes per session no that I have swithced to Vista. We can only hope that Hamish can save us with an updated program in the near future.

To answer your question however I open the ***.trn file (produced by Vicentry) with Notepad or Word and then it can be easily printed. Yes, I have to leave Vicentry and save my file but its no big deal.

I have never tried to print anything from VicEntry, so this advice has never been tested.

DOS applications can only print to LPT ports. 'Modern' Windows versions (95 and up, so even ancient 'modern' qualifies) use LPT ports only for printers connected to parallel ports, not for network printers or USB ports. For network printers you can map your LPT1 port by using the 'net use lpt1 \\server\printer' command. For USB printers you need 3rd party software as far as I know.

I will add printing capabilities to the feature request list of the Windows based order entry program I'm building.