Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 86

Rogue Leader

Geese - we must have been typing at the same time. :cheers:

Sorry spongecus, the only thing we have in common is that my middle name is your first name, other than that, nada! :woohoo::beer:

I think the circumstance in question here are slightly different though.......there was no promise to work with anyone that was doubled back upon. Having witnessed what was done to you when you played GB and the aftermath of game 91, i would say that this is very different from both of those situations. I was leaving this game, so there is no reason for me to complain about the deals made in my absence.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go Mark! I am having the same effect against the Turks...And we are gaining ground in Egypt at a fast clip....I wish this game could go another 25 turns as it has been fun...our enemies have fought the good fight the entire game!

Your land offensive in Egypt has slowed to a snails pace, I am interested to see how far you and Libya can go before the end game. Yes, I have lost some air points, but killed quite a few myself. Not to mention my allies and I have put back into play Tunisia, once no doubt thought of as safe by your alliance. I am not sure I really want the game to go any longer than 73 turns! All good things must come to an end at some point. :laugh:

- Turkey 86

Go Mark! I am having the same effect against the Turks...And we are gaining ground in Egypt at a fast clip....I wish this game could go another 25 turns as it has been fun...our enemies have fought the good fight the entire game!

Your land offensive in Egypt has slowed to a snails pace, I am interested to see how far you and Libya can go before the end game. Yes, I have lost some air points, but killed quite a few myself. Not to mention my allies and I have put back into play Tunisia, once no doubt thought of as safe by your alliance. I am not sure I really want the game to go any longer than 73 turns! All good things must come to an end at some point. :laugh:

- Turkey 86

Yes Andy! we are like two fighters stuck in the corner slugging it out each of us too tired to fall first....I mostly lost interest in this game way back when Italy sat at the spanish border with two armies too scared to cross when I had spain on the ropes..turn 25 maybe...From that point forward this game has been about getting libya back and defeating syria and uae...we have accomplished that so I'm not real interested in egypt because there is not enough time to fight you for the middle east...I think your gains in tunisia have peaked...we won't win this game overall but against overwhelming odds in Afrika we do declare victory and will take away some satisfaction in that...good game to my allies and enemies alike :beer:

Hi guys, Central Russia checking in here (finally). Need to congratulate some enemies on their play and comment on some extra-curricular stuff I've read on the board. Apologize for not following along with the chatter, has never been an intriguing part of the game for me.

First off, Brian; (Great Britain, Switzerland or Austria) has taken some grief for his actions. Brian is a good friend and if he was playing two sides of the fence that is fine with me, problematic perhaps but understandable. He certainly hasn't cheated or given out devastatingly damaging information and he has virtually played his entire game to benefit me and I have no hard feelings whatsoever. I am going to kill him in our next game but that is beside the point. :)

On to the fun part...

I would preferred to have remained anonymous in this game because I didn't want there to be any hard feelings or implied problems that come with switching positions. Probably more in my leary mind, as there do not appear to be any feuds or claims of poor play whatsoever. My lucky actions as Lowlands early on have severely impactecd Denmark's ability to enjoy this game and I didn't want him to think that there was anything malicious in my intent. Kurassier has clearly taken this situation in a classier way than most folks would have, and I do regret not being able to effectively allow him to disrupt my movements. I'd love to engage and have really planned for that for many turns but my attention has been drawn elsewhere and am clearly in no position to fight a very experienced veteran like Kurassier at this stage without being able to concentrate on him without distractions. Pretty sure I've never made it this far into a game and now seem to be overwhelmed with managing this large of a position; not whining, but just stating that one of you better players could find a way to do more with what I'm holding at this point than I seemingly can. France and Algeria are obviously very talented and even with four countries on the attack we still can't find a way to defeat France, crazy. Norway was kind enough to drop out but even without him struggling on my movement through his area is slow. The United States has set himself up well in Ireland and Great Britain and even if I were to focus on him completely not sure if I could work my way through that air defense, losing aircraft at an alarming rate with no end in sight. Certainly, there are many hundreds of ships in the vicinity and haven't managed to kill off more than a few; drats.

I wish the remaining players well and appreciate the hard fought battles you fellas have endured, usually at unfair odds. Would not like to see how this game would have progressed if I'd had to fight a handful of you singlehandedly, especially France and Algeria. If I get the opportunity down the stretch it would be nice to see what Denmark has left but I'm pretty sure that would be a mistake on my part at this stage, but I've made bigger errors in the past. Challenging, entertaining and surprising is the best way to explain Victory and partaking of the bulletin might be a new approach for me to add to its attraction. Thanks again and good luck to all as we reach the end of this long fought battle.

Danny

Well Danny, as one who has never endorsed the idea of nation hopping, I will say it is a pleasure to fight you. You have done wonders for my air kills, and I appreciate it. Brian I find to be a fine fellow, and a man of his word, and you can ask little more of an ally or an enemy.

I too would love to play this out. I was surprised by your initial attacks into Ireland, but have managed to salvage that situation. It is tough to build LDB's everywhere with a position that requires 30 OMN orders before you can do anything else. I expected trouble in England, and thus had the P-47M's on FC before moving any other planes there. It has paid off handsomely.

Your poor fighters are of course your bane, as my speed class 8 fighters will always out class you. I will let up on you after turn 73 though.

• 2 weeks later...

- Turkey 86

Yes Andy! we are like two fighters stuck in the corner slugging it out each of us too tired to fall first....I mostly lost interest in this game way back when Italy sat at the spanish border with two armies too scared to cross when I had spain on the ropes..turn 25 maybe...From that point forward this game has been about getting libya back and defeating syria and uae...we have accomplished that so I'm not real interested in egypt because there is not enough time to fight you for the middle east...I think your gains in tunisia have peaked...we won't win this game overall but against overwhelming odds in Afrika we do declare victory and will take away some satisfaction in that...good game to my allies and enemies alike :beer:

Yes, the job you and Ken did in Libya was very impressive, and it was pretty exciting for a while for both sides I think. I really was not clued into what was going on over in Europe other than world events, it seems that Morocco has been fighting Spain I think for most of the game. Somehow France is still managing to hold on some what as well. I can't wait to see the end game stats, you and Ken have to end up with a ton of air and ground kills.

Turkey 86