Rolling Thunder Forums

Underdeep Rises!

Locklyn

LOL wow you are the great and almighty C NUT.(who is behind that curtain)

Actually I am referring to the loss of the PA wormweb that delivered goods to Semjan, TG warped thru the worms and captured some of them and we never got fleet sightings or at that time knew any one could warp thru one, it was after emails to the GM that the note about worms was posted on the top of the turn, as the GM could not get the worms to work the tight way. We still managed to defend the HW, but our worm web strategy was mostly ruined by the change. At that time we decided to try UG's.

It appears every empire someone wants to fight is called PA, and then attacked, we really do not have THAT many Members. Oh wait PA or MMB, with PA ranked as even more evil. MMB must feel so sad. Sorry I left you out for a second there MMB.

One alliance actually voted to attack the PA because MMB was once part of the PA, and that alliance had MMB as a member before he joined us. SO I believe they should go.......themselves first.

It is a bit ostentatious but I like it. From now on you and ALL PA members will refer to me as "The Great and Almighty C NUT".

When you say "we decided to try UG's" do you mean powered or un-powered versions? Or did you even bother to construct them at all once you made the breakthru? Has the PA ever used a legitimately built and fully powered Ugate (before being forced to do so via the new rules emplaced)?

As far as every empire under attack being called PA, do you deny that The Black Cloud, White Shadow Imperium, Galvorn Protectorate (the one with the Stable Wormhole we used), The Eyre and The Go'ald are part of PA??? Those are the empires we are in combat with, strictly PA members and no one else.

Finally, if it is true when you say "we really do not have THAT many Members", then how come the vote to stay or go is taking so long? Finish it up and leave already.

Think about it, I know it is hard, but if the planet can not build power planets for an UG, is it likely to have ANY value to put an UG on it? Mainly HWs have UGs on them and all the HW's have power plants DUH. With ICE, we are not wasting time transferring in 100,000 iron from a baby colony. I believe even TG can attest that Semjan had power before it was dismantled.

And yes your statement above listing empires you are fighting that are PA is INCORRECT.

The TG is however actually in contact and fighting PA empires.

Finally, if this is how you think, the PA cheated on gates, but no one else in the game did, you are a double fool.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL wow you are the great and almighty C NUT.(who is behind that curtain)

Actually I am referring to the loss of the PA wormweb that delivered goods to Semjan, TG warped thru the worms and captured some of them and we never got fleet sightings or at that time knew any one could warp thru one, it was after emails to the GM that the note about worms was posted on the top of the turn, as the GM could not get the worms to work the tight way. We still managed to defend the HW, but our worm web strategy was mostly ruined by the change. At that time we decided to try UG's.

It appears every empire someone wants to fight is called PA, and then attacked, we really do not have THAT many Members. Oh wait PA or MMB, with PA ranked as even more evil. MMB must feel so sad. Sorry I left you out for a second there MMB.

One alliance actually voted to attack the PA because MMB was once part of the PA, and that alliance had MMB as a member before he joined us. SO I believe they should go.......themselves first.

It is a bit ostentatious but I like it. From now on you and ALL PA members will refer to me as "The Great and Almighty C NUT".

When you say "we decided to try UG's" do you mean powered or un-powered versions? Or did you even bother to construct them at all once you made the breakthru? Has the PA ever used a legitimately built and fully powered Ugate (before being forced to do so via the new rules emplaced)?

As far as every empire under attack being called PA, do you deny that The Black Cloud, White Shadow Imperium, Galvorn Protectorate (the one with the Stable Wormhole we used), The Eyre and The Go'ald are part of PA??? Those are the empires we are in combat with, strictly PA members and no one else.

Finally, if it is true when you say "we really do not have THAT many Members", then how come the vote to stay or go is taking so long? Finish it up and leave already.

Think about it, I know it is hard, but if the planet can not build power planets for an UG, is it likely to have ANY value to put an UG on it? Mainly HWs have UGs on them and all the HW's have power plants DUH. With ICE, we are not wasting time transferring in 100,000 iron from a baby colony. I believe even TG can attest that Semjan had power before it was dismantled.

And yes your statement above listing empires you are fighting that are PA is INCORRECT.

The TG is however actually in contact and fighting PA empires.

Finally, if this is how you think, the PA cheated on gates, but no one else in the game did, you are a double fool.

Now Gary, what did I just get done saying? Address me properly young man.

As far as the list of empires not being PA, I highly doubt it is incorrect. In one email from White Shadow, he indicated that Blend and I had taken over an alliance mate's HW (referring to Phase Dragon's old HW which was a dropped position that we did take). As Phase Dragon was a PA member, that indicated that White Shadow is PA. Also in an email from White Shadow, he indicated that he was working with his other alliance mates (obviously Black Cloud and Galvorn Protectorate). SO, all three are definitely PA. Regarding Eyre and Go'ald, we know they were MMB positions and as he was part of the PA then I suspect they were handed to an alliance mate once MMB supposedly left the game. Knowing that, how can you say that my statements are incorrect?

As far as this TG that you recently spouted off about, I think YOU have TG on the brain. What the heck is a Tennessee Group? Is Elvis part of this group?

Finally, did I ever state that no one else used the gate bug??? Where do you come up with this stuff at??? Are the voices still talking to you??? I can not speak for anyone but myself so how would I know who did what? But from the attitude you display and the attitude of your group, it's obvious that the PA has used the bug and would continue to do so.

My main point in this is the SO CALLED goody two shoes, white hat, we are the world, we are the people, who claim others are cheating and using bugs in the game system to their advantage, Were the FIRST to use a BUG to their advantage. And how do you find out that an ANZ can be done on anything you spell Correctly. You have to be searching for a bug to do it RIGHT at the start. Evil Evil Evil. Bad Show there. Rotten to the core. That is not cricket. ECT

My understanding is when people started getting names in explores, they did analyzes as they thought that was how it worked. You just found information on NWTX-4000 Planetcrackers in the desk drawer of some abanadoned power plant .. lets do an analyze. If I remember correctly, people started contacting Pete saying the analyze was incomplete or broken as they weren't getting all the information (early days, LOTS of errors, plenty in descriptions .. improved construction material was supposed to require improved steel and improved timber but Pete set it up wrong and by the time he fixed it, well, to many people had it to change). When Pete finally replied, he explained the intent was you needed to HAVE the item, not just the name, so he fixed it. And there was even some arguement from a few folks with Pete that stopping the analysis on names was wrong (if you just found out about weapon X, shouldn't your scientists provide something, anything???). Eventually Pete cut back on random finds and limited the tech finds to only what is in your research queue instead of any dang thing in the tree.

So this wasn't folks trying to cheat in the game. They were using analyze the way they thought it was meant to be used, and even argued that makes more sense game wise. Pete disagreed as he wanted to limit knowledge of items up the tree (which was like trying to stuff the cat back into the bag when already full of holes, but...).

My main point in this is the SO CALLED goody two shoes, white hat, we are the world, we are the people, who claim others are cheating and using bugs in the game system to their advantage, Were the FIRST to use a BUG to their advantage. And how do you find out that an ANZ can be done on anything you spell Correctly. You have to be searching for a bug to do it RIGHT at the start. Evil Evil Evil. Bad Show there. Rotten to the core. That is not cricket. ECT

My understanding is when people started getting names in explores, they did analyzes as they thought that was how it worked. You just found information on NWTX-4000 Planetcrackers in the desk drawer of some abanadoned power plant .. lets do an analyze. If I remember correctly, people started contacting Pete saying the analyze was incomplete or broken as they weren't getting all the information (early days, LOTS of errors, plenty in descriptions .. improved construction material was supposed to require improved steel and improved timber but Pete set it up wrong and by the time he fixed it, well, to many people had it to change). When Pete finally replied, he explained the intent was you needed to HAVE the item, not just the name, so he fixed it. And there was even some arguement from a few folks with Pete that stopping the analysis on names was wrong (if you just found out about weapon X, shouldn't your scientists provide something, anything???). Eventually Pete cut back on random finds and limited the tech finds to only what is in your research queue instead of any dang thing in the tree.

So this wasn't folks trying to cheat in the game. They were using analyze the way they thought it was meant to be used, and even argued that makes more sense game wise. Pete disagreed as he wanted to limit knowledge of items up the tree (which was like trying to stuff the cat back into the bag when already full of holes, but...).

LOL, this non cheat was sure kept quiet not a mention of it on the board til it was removed. Get real it was a cheat, if you read the rules, you know that was not how it worked. I wonder how many orders were used on some turns for this unimportant bug.

Further, If arguing for it means it was not a cheat, then the gates are not a cheat as many argued against the changes. I certainly do not like the high attrition gates have now, or the fact I will have to waste more research on gates to see if it gets down to reasonable. Checking for power, and there being a gate there LOL Stupid RTG progamming not to have that to start with.

The rest of you up in arms about player abuse of a broken item, should consider blaming RTG for yet another fiasco, rather than the players. How many years into the game are we, and what is still not working, Cloaking, flag bridges, gates, worms, spies, ringworlds, ECT. IF however it is the players fault all the players are not PA.

I have read the rules unlike some folks. The rules around exploration and the ANZ order do not say anything like you state. They say the ANZ can be used on anything you researched or can research. And since finding the tech on a planet gave you research points, it's something you can research. Remember you originally could find any tech and gain research in your explores. It was only later that Pete tied the ANZ and explore results to folks researchable items list. I think the game was working fine as it was, and Pete reined it in only as people were gaining to much insight into his hidden research tree which he did not foresee happening. SO he adjusted the game. If you wish to call it a cheat as you weren't clever enough to try to analyze items you found in explores, a natural item to do as part of finding a technology exists in the game, then so be it.

Why ask if you are not going to believe the answer?

Believe what you want, and blame the PA for everything. I made my points earlier on and now this is a waste.

Well Gary, your stories have been entertaining. I sense you are back on your meds now and even though you are less interesting, it's an excellent choice you've made. Keep it up.

When you freely admit that the PA abused the UGate system and that you would have done it if you had the tech, there's no need for me to place blame.

LOL, this non cheat was sure kept quiet not a mention of it on the board til it was removed. Get real it was a cheat, if you read the rules, you know that was not how it worked. I wonder how many orders were used on some turns for this unimportant bug.

Further, If arguing for it means it was not a cheat, then the gates are not a cheat as many argued against the changes. I certainly do not like the high attrition gates have now, or the fact I will have to waste more research on gates to see if it gets down to reasonable. Checking for power, and there being a gate there LOL Stupid RTG progamming not to have that to start with.

The rest of you up in arms about player abuse of a broken item, should consider blaming RTG for yet another fiasco, rather than the players. How many years into the game are we, and what is still not working, Cloaking, flag bridges, gates, worms, spies, ringworlds, ECT. IF however it is the players fault all the players are not PA.

Using Gates without building one is not a cheat and should kept that way? Are you nuts Gary? Noone argued for that one, not even you and your PA buddies did.

Till now.

Using Gates without building one is not a cheat and should kept that way? Are you nuts Gary? Noone argued for that one, not even you and your PA buddies did.

Till now.

read the message.