Rolling Thunder Forums

The ever shrinking Galaxy

sir smeg

GM Note

The issue that sparked this debate was a setup utility code problem not a deliberate placement so it's not a policy thing. The galaxy was huge to begin with and still has room for additional empires so running out of space isn't an imminent problem and its technically possible to open up additional areas as well to add on to the original galaxy (various ways we could do that) so this version of SuperNova still has life as long as people are having fun and continue to play it ;)

Of course a network of system probes and system beacons are still handy things to have regardless - just in case some pesky alien :rolleyes: critters come snooping about...

Russ

Thanks for the official word Russ :rolleyes:

You didn't mention if there were other empires affected by the bug in the setup utility code.. is it true that new positions have been placed next to much larger, established empires, even if it was purely by accident?

Thus far I've been thinking I've got my work cut out for me by being a totally new player, probably surrounded by neighbors who are on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th positions. Already 6 turns in I realize how I could do better starting out again.

That is one of the reasons there are so many dropped positions out there even now - the learning curve.

• 10 years later...