Rolling Thunder Forums

Expansion Is The First Principle #4918

Coconutheads

Dear Expansion Is The First Principle,

It appears that we have come in contact in the Mesczante system. Alas, your fleet commander decided to open fire on my Heavy Cruiser which was peacefully seeking out new life forms and new civilizations, boldly going where no Coconut has gone before.

After reflection on your Empire name, I have decided to adopt your policy. Please vacate the Mesczante system as it is now under Coconut control. After all, expansion is now the first principle

Thank you for your rapt attention.

Numero Uno Coconut (aka Coconut Prime)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that we have come in contact in the Mesczante system. Alas, your fleet commander decided to open fire on my Heavy Cruiser which was peacefully seeking out new life forms and new civilizations, boldly going where no Coconut has gone before.

After reflection on your Empire name, I have decided to adopt your policy. Please vacate the Mesczante system as it is now under Coconut control. After all, expansion is now the first principle

So I guess you are not taking the Second Principle to be "Peaceful Co-existence and Getting Along with your Neighbours" ? :thumbsup:

So I guess you are not taking the Second Principle to be "Peaceful Co-existence and Getting Along with your Neighbours" ? :thumbsup:

Hehe that was a reminder for me to keep moving outward. So that when I found nasty people like you it was as far away from home as possible. Which in this instance worked nicely. BTW the fleet you slaughtered was unarmed. Mesczante is not much of a system you can have it. Peace is my goal. I am ever a nice guy.

Hehe that was a reminder for me to keep moving outward. So that when I found nasty people like you it was as far away from home as possible. Which in this instance worked nicely. BTW the fleet you slaughtered was unarmed. Mesczante is not much of a system you can have it. Peace is my goal. I am ever a nice guy.

I don't understand. Who shot first?

I don't understand. Who shot first?

Han shot first! :thumbsup:

I'm a bit curious as well. Who initiated the attack?

It is my understanding that both fleets were set to Quebec and neither crew was paying attention to were they were flying. When the proximity alarms went off on the bridge of the Coconut ship the captian yelled ‘look out for that ship’ :thumbsup:

Well, thru the pina colada induced haze the gunner heard something else and ‘took out that ship’ :ranting:

It could happen to anyone. :thumbsup:

Hmm interesting. Either of the two actual combatants wish to answer? I am genuinely curoius to see if what I expect will be growing hostilities were indeed brought about by a glitch in the game ( if the story of both sides being set to Quebec is true), or if one of the participants is fudging the truth a bit to make themselves seem like the proverbial nice guy.

Hmm interesting. Either of the two actual combatants wish to answer? I am genuinely curoius to see if what I expect will be growing hostilities were indeed brought about by a glitch in the game ( if the story of both sides being set to Quebec is true), or if one of the participants is fudging the truth a bit to make themselves seem like the proverbial nice guy.

Well, I'm not one of the combatants. Its no secret that I am a friend of the Coconut and niether of us are nice guy's, but other than the embellishment, the account is correct.

Well truth be told from the conduct of one of your reported allies to other empires he runs across I didnt think the particulars of the first contact would have made much of a difference in the end result. I just found it interesting that one guy said "You shot at me!", and the other guy said "But I didnt have a gun!"

Well truth be told from the conduct of one of your reported allies to other empires he runs across I didnt think the particulars of the first contact would have made much of a difference in the end result. I just found it interesting that one guy said "You shot at me!", and the other guy said "But I didnt have a gun!"

Not having a gun does not prevent a fleet from initiating hostilities.

It is my understanding that both fleets were set to Quebec and neither crew was paying attention to were they were flying. When the proximity alarms went off on the bridge of the Coconut ship the captian yelled 'look out for that ship' :o

Well, thru the pina colada induced haze the gunner heard something else and 'took out that ship' :huh:

It could happen to anyone. :thumbsup:

I thought Quebec meant "Ignore any alien encountered unless attacked", so how did Han or Greedo fire first? Or is this one of those little game nuances that I was unaware of and should quickly change a few fleet ROEs because of :unsure: