Rolling Thunder Forums

Expansion Is The First Principle #4918

Coconutheads

It is my understanding that both fleets were set to Quebec and neither crew was paying attention to were they were flying. When the proximity alarms went off on the bridge of the Coconut ship the captian yelled 'look out for that ship' :o

Well, thru the pina colada induced haze the gunner heard something else and 'took out that ship' :huh:

It could happen to anyone. :thumbsup:

I thought Quebec meant "Ignore any alien encountered unless attacked", so how did Han or Greedo fire first? Or is this one of those little game nuances that I was unaware of and should quickly change a few fleet ROEs because of :unsure:

Assuming the report is correct that both ships were on Quebec its likely a bug, not a nuance. I would just be sure to check those combats that do occur and make sure the other side really did shoot at you.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Thus my curiosity as to who actually initiated combat.

That is a question for the almighty one.

Although, even if your fleet is flying quebec it is a good idea to fully read the report before jumping to conclusions.

OK, looks like my communication officer had had a lot of tequila when making his report. After personally reviewing the transcripts a slightly more accurate account of the events would be:

One fleet was on Romeo and the other ships were set to Quebec and neither crews were paying attention to were they were flying. When the proximity alarms went off on the bridge of the Coconut ship the captian yelled ‘look out for those ships’ :o

Well, thru the pina colada induced haze the gunner heard something else and ‘took out those ships’ :huh:

It could happen to anyone. :thumbsup:

And for a Romeo setting to trigger a battle, the empire with the Romeo setting had to already have the other player declared as an enemy. So either this is not the first time these empires have met or the player with the Romeo setting got the other player's empire number by some other means (like from an allly that had seen this other player in the area).

So then according to Blends updated account Coconuts had this guy on his war list even tho they had never run into each other and opened fire on him. Then came onto the boards and claimed he was the victim of an unprovoked attack (when he wasn't) and was now going to expand through the other empire's territory because of it.

Does that pretty much match what happened then?

So then according to Blends updated account Coconuts had this guy on his war list even tho they had never run into each other and opened fire on him. Then came onto the boards and claimed he was the victim of an unprovoked attack (when he wasn't) and was now going to expand through the other empire's territory because of it.

Hahahaha, :thumbsup: , there would have been expansion thru that territory regardless.

No PAP of war, it was first contact. Stated, well, correction to stated fleet settings correct. :o

:huh: someone shot off there mouth before fully reading results.

I think this was the last wrong conclusion you could have jumped too, but if there are more, keep'm coming. :unsure:

Hahahaha, :thumbsup: , there would have been expansion thru that territory regardless.

No PAP of war, it was first contact. Stated, well, correction to stated fleet settings correct. :o

:huh: someone shot off there mouth before fully reading results.

I think this was the last wrong conclusion you could have jumped too, but if there are more, keep'm coming. :unsure:

So you are saying he was going to expand in that territory anyway? So had he not attacked the ship he was going to claim and make war anyway regardless?

The more you post to defend Coconut the more accurate Jemanari Public Relations assessment of the situation seems right.

This has the hall marks of a Cestval white hat PR campaign, stage an encounter and claim the moral high ground.

Flagritz is like a broken record...everybody is the bad guy except him .

Thats not true, Id say 95% of players are good guys, but you and your master Cestvel are definitely in the 5% of bad guys...

Your so whine.... you admitted you were a bad guy anyway so you should be happy when all your bad deeds are reported right? :}

RF has never claimed to be a "white hat" He very openly admits he will do what is best for him. I applaud that. Anyone who meets him knows what to expect. I just find it odd that in a game with really no consequences for telling the truth as to why you decided to wipe out another empire someone would need to twist the facts. This isnt like Desmodus' post where he talks about coming to visit and hiring away the workforce. That was easily seen as a nice way of saying Im going to take your planet.

Im referring to an actual misstating of the facts to make it appear that you are the person who was the victim to justify doing what you most likely planned all along. Blend's last reply seemed a bit jumbled, but he does seem to say that Coconuts initiated the attack. If Coconuts was set to Romeo as he is claiming, unless it was a coding glitch, there would have needed to be a PAP of war for the Coconuts ship to open fire. Blend has claimed all along that Coconuts was the one who opened fire.

So is Blends account accurate and Coconuts initiated the attack with the intention of waging war on the other empire. Then come to the boards to claim he was the one wronged? Did Blend have one to many Pina Coladas and has totally botched the facts in his drunken stupor?

I'm genuinely curious. I am not trying to bash either side. I have played the game for the last couple years, read over the forums, and watched the universe go by. I have friends that I would like to suggest Supernova to as a fun hobby. Yet more and more recently I am starting to see that a large portion of the older empires ( those 4 to 6 years old) simply view the younger empires as a feeding ground. Yes war is a part of the game, and I understand that younger empires have a wealth of knowledge that older empires didnt have. A younger empire may know how to get to Mk IX widgets whereas the older empires had to find the tech paths. Yet it still takes time to do the research, and it takes time to be able to build to the point where you can put 500 million, 1 billion, and even larger ships into space.

People have said before that its not really that bad. Yet it does happen. So what is the motivation for playing, or bringing new people into the game when all they are doing is spending their time and money to build up an empire till the empire that is 2,3, or 4 years older than theirs shows up at the door and says "Nice empire. I think Ill take it"

RF has never claimed to be a "white hat" He very openly admits he will do what is best for him. I applaud that. Anyone who meets him knows what to expect. I just find it odd that in a game with really no consequences for telling the truth as to why you decided to wipe out another empire someone would need to twist the facts. This isnt like Desmodus' post where he talks about coming to visit and hiring away the workforce. That was easily seen as a nice way of saying Im going to take your planet.

Im referring to an actual misstating of the facts to make it appear that you are the person who was the victim to justify doing what you most likely planned all along. Blend's last reply seemed a bit jumbled, but he does seem to say that Coconuts initiated the attack. If Coconuts was set to Romeo as he is claiming, unless it was a coding glitch, there would have needed to be a PAP of war for the Coconuts ship to open fire. Blend has claimed all along that Coconuts was the one who opened fire.

So is Blends account accurate and Coconuts initiated the attack with the intention of waging war on the other empire. Then come to the boards to claim he was the one wronged? Did Blend have one to many Pina Coladas and has totally botched the facts in his drunken stupor?

I'm genuinely curious. I am not trying to bash either side. I have played the game for the last couple years, read over the forums, and watched the universe go by. I have friends that I would like to suggest Supernova to as a fun hobby. Yet more and more recently I am starting to see that a large portion of the older empires ( those 4 to 6 years old) simply view the younger empires as a feeding ground. Yes war is a part of the game, and I understand that younger empires have a wealth of knowledge that older empires didnt have. A younger empire may know how to get to Mk IX widgets whereas the older empires had to find the tech paths. Yet it still takes time to do the research, and it takes time to be able to build to the point where you can put 500 million, 1 billion, and even larger ships into space.

People have said before that its not really that bad. Yet it does happen. So what is the motivation for playing, or bringing new people into the game when all they are doing is spending their time and money to build up an empire till the empire that is 2,3, or 4 years older than theirs shows up at the door and says "Nice empire. I think Ill take it"

I posted because you were interested.

If you do not believe me, oh well. I have no reason to lie.

The original post happened before the entire turn results were posted. Pushing buttons in a artistic way is fun.

Facts without fun

No War PAP

Coco on Romeo

RF on Quebec

No weapons on RF

Boring!

Hey , wait a minute...is RF meaning me ? If it is , my ships that I put together go under the doctrine that I will fire something back . Usually , it will be something unpleasant , like some kind of spinal meson , or some gravitic weapon...or maybe a swarm of drones or fighters ....but always something that goes " boom " . I don't want my death to be boring :thumbsup: