Rolling Thunder Forums

New Forum Design????

Guest Spongebob

We had to upgrade to a new version of the board software. This was a required upgrade by our hosting company - the old version was working ok for us but it was no longer going to be supported and with some changes on the server side coming we had to upgrade. I haven't had a chance to tinker much with this new version so it'll take me (like you guys) a little time to figure out the new features, changes, etc. and see what I can do to customize things for us.

Russ

Bahh Humbug - Are there any skins we can choose as the current one has no contrast, its very difficult to see boxes and follow threads within threads?

I imagine so - I'll have to check into it when I get a little more time and see what I can find.

Russ

I do like the new Messenger functionality... no more having to flag a box to retain a sent message (which i forgot half the time) and all conversation threads visible in one view... improvement!

As far as the regular threads, indeed a skin will be needed, and where are the emoticons to be found?!?

Guest Spongebob

I done a little looking inbetween making coffins and burying my remaining reputation and there are hundreds of FREE skins. Dont know how this forum thing works but if at all possible and time allowing of course does it allow you to choose your own skin? if so how about uploading a number of the free ones for us to choose from. I will need atleast 10 - one for each of my personalities :woohoo:

I like the new forums! The new features are fantastic! The look & feel did take some getting used to & the navigation is a bit different, but only took a couple of clicks to figure out. I think that everyone will be on board quick enough. They just have to play around a bit inside here and figure it out a little when they get the time.

Skins would be nice, but Russ would have to add them into the mix as the admin from what I have seen. They are free and easy to download, but still a 'Founder' action only. Members cannot make that addition, at least not that I have found yet.

:cheers: It is a good upgrade!