Rolling Thunder Forums

Dropped positions

Hamish

How long does it take before the computer takes over a dropped position? I guess the answer depends on the dropping player telling Russ about it or not, so I'd like an answer for both cases if they differ.

Also... is it possible for a dropped position to be picked up again?

to the 2nd question: Yes this is possible...

1) The position needs to be dropped (so either the player tells Russ or 60 days have passed)

2) (all) the TA's of the position need to propose/agree a player to pick up that position.

Pretty sure that a dropped position without TA's can't be picked up.

to the 2nd question: Yes this is possible...

1) The position needs to be dropped (so either the player tells Russ or 60 days have passed)

2) (all) the TA's of the position need to propose/agree a player to pick up that position.

Pretty sure that a dropped position without TA's can't be picked up.

All correct :)

If I'm notified that a position is being dropped then the computer takes over on the following TP - otherwise it takes over at the end of the TP when the position has been inactive for 60+ days.

Dropped positions can be reactivated by the former player (picking them back up again), transferred to a new player by the former player or taken over by a player nominated by one or more TAs of that position (as long as no other TA objects).

Russ

Guest Spongebob

So this means every game i have ever played in I can request the position back on Turn 71 and thus survive to the end of the game... .Excellent.

All those who have ever beat up little ol Spongie better make sure no land is left or I will come and haunt you... Also if anyone wants to "Donate" Denmark back to me in any game then I will greatfully accept you surrendering it to me and accept your unreserved appology for the oppression of many a Spongistanian citizen :)

So this means every game i have ever played in I can request the position back on Turn 71 and thus survive to the end of the game... .Excellent.

All those who have ever beat up little ol Spongie better make sure no land is left or I will come and haunt you... Also if anyone wants to "Donate" Denmark back to me in any game then I will greatfully accept you surrendering it to me and accept your unreserved appology for the oppression of many a Spongistanian citizen :)

Which brings us to the one and only REAL question. Why did you quit? YOU NEVER EVER SHOULD QUIT!!!