Rolling Thunder Forums

Victory Map Set

Ike

Appreciate the feedback.

I'll add in the rail connections with a dashed line and post a new one this week. I have a separate Weather Zone map that uses colors to distinguish zones vice the borders but for the PDF you can only have one background so I chose to do the terrain and changed the weather zones to a border type feature. If anyone is having trouble with the file size I can make it smaller. (I went with a larger size since it allowed for less likelyhood of Province Names overwriting a natural resource. If you want to view a larger area you just change the adobe view to 60% or a smaller number to view a larger area.

No problem on posting a JPEG or TIF, however you will not be able to turn on and off information like the layered pdf. If you have particular layers you would like to see let me know and I will post one with those layers active when I do the export. I could also post a few different versions for different purposes. For instance the Country Names become out of date quickly with changing borders so perhaps that would be a layer best left off.

Have fun, RIck

Regarding the New Mapset. The new version is clear to read, covers the entire gaming area in one map, can be tailored to your needs and is small enough to email between allies to coordinate operations. The layered PDF works in both the Windows and MAC OS versions of Adobe.

The primary map is in Adobe PDF format. If you do not have Adobe, free downloads are available at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/ (Version 11 is the latest). Once you have installed Adobe you will be able to open the “Victory! The Battle for Europe.pdf” file. After opening you can select the layers button on the left to see a list of layers that you can turn on and off to customize your display. For instance you can turn off the weather zones, country borders, labels, ports, capitals, ferry routes, resources etc to show just the terrain.

The second map (Victory! The Battle for Europe Paintable.jpg) available is a JPEG format for use in a Windows Paint like program or any other picture viewer that supports jpeg formats. This map has province/Sea Zone names but has a blank background so that you can color/draw in Paint to reflect your Countries Conquests, AIC networks or attack plans. It is small enough to send to allies as a email attachment as well.

If anyone finds a error just let me know so I can make corrections and If you have suggestions for improvement just post them here. Have fun, RIck

• 2 weeks later...

Reece, thanks for all your work in producing the various versions. However, I use Mac OSX as well as Windows and the downloads from sendspace can only be done from a Windows environment. Is it possible to provide a pdf download from somewhere which does not rely on using a Windows-only download manager?

• 2 weeks later...

The latest map set (PDF and JPG version) is now available on our main website:

http://www.rollingthunder.com/victory/VICFTP.htm

Check it out if you haven't already - maps look great!

Thanks much to Richard Reece for the effort in creating this set and then making it available to all Victory! players. :thumbsup:

-- Russ

• 5 weeks later...

Two errors have been discovered in the map. ATL98 and ATL96 had the labels reversed and MID14 had an incorrect corridor which allowed connectivity with MID12. Both of these errors have been fixed and will be posted soon as Rev 1.01. If anyone discovers another error just post it here. Have fun, RIck

• 3 weeks later...

The latest map set (Version 1.01 - PDF and JPG version) is now available on our main website:

http://www.rollingth...tory/VICFTP.htm

Check it out if you haven't already - maps look great!

Thanks much to Richard Reece for the effort in creating this set, keeping it updated and making it available to all Victory! players. :thumbsup:

-- Russ

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to get the updated version posted Richard. Got caught in one thing after another and lost track of time for a bit :huh: