Rolling Thunder Forums

game 97

gecko

I also was under the impression that we would continue. But not everyone reacts to the mails I send. I know that a few positions haven't replied yet, but I do not know who.

My team is in favor of continuing.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

New Map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t59.png

- Changes in the map this time . xBatum and xOffenbach changing hands and xRemada changing hands twice.

- No fighting in the province of Amsterdam might be an indication of lessening pressure. SWe'll see if the encroachment at Offenbach provokes a counterattack.

- On the other hand, Central Russia is back at the front using Sturmoviks for the first time.

- Rumors of an invasion of the Balkan powers in Africa.

- With the end of the Regular game approaching some national stockpiles are running dry.

Interesting choice of bombers for the Russians: At range 0 and 1, the Sturmovik (better then the FT) is the most effective bomber. Any range over 1, the Tu-2 is better at the current turn. The IL-10 will be available and be better at range 2. Only a few american and some German bombers (Ju87) beat the Tu2 at any other range.

That base is very near, Search and Destroy.....

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t60.png

- Only small changes on the map this time

- The Northeastern Alliance seens to have withdrawn from the front in Northern Germany and Lowlands. Is this a trap? A way to move extra troops to other parts of the front? Mayby force us to run out of air cover?

- With the moving front lines we see the first coastal bombardments in a long time.
- The appearance of Me-262's over Offenbach forces Italy to build the same gear. Baltic states was a bit unlucky in the first confrontation. But Iraq can be happy: when he reaches Italy there will be Me262 waiting.

- Morocco ran into a very expensive combination of a 50 group Intercept followed by a second 50- group fighter cover. Ouch. But once again, the defender loses whole air groups that can't be easily rebuildt.

How considerate of you.

First of all to wait untill after the big upgrade turn of the Italian army. 20 turns ago I woudn't have been able to stop a wall of T-34's AND my allies would not have been able to send troops to plug the holes.

Second, if you come to me I do not have to come to you. Saves me the fuel. To be honest, I had no plans of invading Czechoslovakia (or Vienna) anyway.

Third: Yea, occasionaly the weather intervenes or my orders get messed up. Happens to all of us.

Besides, You're simply jealous of the beauty of the Italian designs currently running of the production lines.

Nice to hear from you. The forum needs some bragging, threats, schadow play and bantering to keep it alive.

I will never invade these nasty mountains,But now I will send my killer air brigade to conquer an other of your provinces for the glory of my central Russian empire. Send more of these unsupplied paratroops. I like them.

Is there really Italy behind these mountains? I always thought this is the realm of Morocco.

Yes, well, there are a lot of tourists this time of year.

Northern Italy is a nice place to live and we rented out some real estate to our faithful allies.

BTW. the advantage of Air regiments is, that there are a lot of them. And sometimes they survive deployment.

If any one makes it to Elite status they will be turned into SS King tigers.