Rolling Thunder Forums

game 97

gecko

The war in North Africa has definitely heated up. The Greek Air Force and Navy reign supreme in the skies and waters, but the Jordanian T-34's are far more powerful then the Greek Marines. It is an interesting fight. It will be very costly, but given time, and the huge Libyan coast, the outcome would not be in doubt, as eventually the air power would win out, but I don't see Libya being liberated by turn 73.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an interesting fight. It will be very costly, but given time, and the huge Libyan coast, the outcome would not be in doubt, as eventually the air power would win out, but I don't see Libya being liberated by turn 73.

Fortunately you don't have to be limited by an arbitrary turn. There is an option for all to keep playing after the normal game ends. Have fun Rick

It is an interesting fight. It will be very costly, but given time, and the huge Libyan coast, the outcome would not be in doubt, as eventually the air power would win out, but I don't see Libya being liberated by turn 73.

Fortunately you don't have to be limited by an arbitrary turn. There is an option for all to keep playing after the normal game ends. Have fun Rick

With a dozen Queen Mary's sunk in one attack I fail to see how the Greek navy reigns supreme. With those losses Greece is now religated to nuisance attacks into Africa...

Hurts, but I just have to pull other QM's off of non vital transport roles. In a couple of turns I will be back with more than ever. Meanwhile, I will kill 6-8 armor divisions every turn with air power, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. That of course will not really make a difference by turn 73, but it is what I can do.

I dion't know. In the end game a Russian Motor 44 has DSM 0.8, which is not to bad, and it can be transported through a 500 rail pipeline.

Same DSM as the Sherman Firefly, cheaper in ARM, much cheaper in money, less rail capacity needed. But I'd go for the MECH 44 for more tactical options. Same advantages, all somewhat less of course.

I did build some Motor 44 in game 87 while fighting Iceland for controll of the Ural nountains. Lots of airdrops and lots of empty places with 500 rail. A Mech 44 wouldn't fit. And it was not as if I was fighting heavy Icelander tanks over there.

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t61.png

Three changes to the map:

- Frankfurt falls to the yellow menace. The Olive aliance has pulled back on this side of the front. But on the other side Central Russia has started a massive offensive in Austra and Southern Germany. This is a bit of a surprse, as:
- Iraq has taken the province of Taganrog. I don't know if this is either:

- A stab in the back as it threatens Central Russian Hvy ore production (Nah, who needs it anyway) or
- Central Russia feels confident enough to put 100 armored units into the offensive against Italy while this is happening or
- It is all a deal to allow Iraq to boad that he can reach Italian soil with his jet fighters.

- Elazig has fallen, so we have to assume that Eastern Turkey is under enemy control.

Sounds like a lot of ifs

With only a dozen turns to play what does it really matter

Turkey seems to have hacked the rtg computer to make armies at will or so it seems lol well guess we'll just keep killing them

Greece has reorganized his remaining Queen Mary's so can't wait to sink them, AGAIN!!!

- Frankfurt falls to the yellow menace. The Olive aliance has pulled back on this side of the front. But on the other side Central Russia has started a massive offensive in Austra and Southern Germany. This is a bit of a surprse, as:

- Iraq has taken the province of Taganrog. I don't know if this is either:

- A stab in the back as it threatens Central Russian Hvy ore production (Nah, who needs it anyway) or

- Central Russia feels confident enough to put 100 armored units into the offensive against Italy while this is happening or

- It is all a deal to allow Iraq to boad that he can reach Italian soil with his jet fighters.

More than a 100. 56 have actually entered Italian territory, and at least another 56 stand at the border and Engage Italian troops from there.

now lets see how many survive. 56 units with targets on their back, with no place to go except 6 feet into the ground.

• 2 weeks later...