Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 98

Predator

France and Spain pushing north and east to counter the attack in north Germany, where many Dutch and Danish forces met their doom. SS Pz's in stack of 18, all line, are scary, but not if they are left in the plains surrounded by other armies, with no retreat option open to them.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if people are finally getting tired of seeing the same alliance win game after game... Its always the same setup, or very close to it. Just make short deals with your neighbors, supply one to fight the other and then jump on the weaker team, followed by the rest. There must be some secret in setting up in central Europe. Oh yeah I guess its the massive pop centers, production and natural resources all concentrated in such a small area...

All ready to launch into a big reply, but I'll spare you that. From my standpoint the Western Europe group has been fighting with a production advantage, safe border advantage, amount of armies advantage, allies advantage (Italy, Tunisia) from the start of our war. You've had good successes against us in the start. From this position of numerical advantage, you have suddenly lost 7 complete armies. Who's mistake is that? Meanwhile, you also get one of the parties we had a deal with, to break the agreement created some time ago.

Our demise was lack of leadership in the north...I all but begged for an attack plan but nobody wanted to step up. Working 70-80 hour weeks the last six months I couldn't devote the time-they were lucky my turn was running consistently.I bombed the Hungarian airbase three turns in a row and couldn't even get help with that...

So we just sat and waited to be conquered...

That can be, I don't know about your situation. But Brogans message implies that we have a special kind of setup, which is not the case. Plus the Central European setup is one of the most dangerous setups in the game. What we do have is a very thorough understanding of the game, and when needed, a whole lot of attention to detail.

That said: The game is far from over. The tables may have turned a bit, and we now have the numerical advantage, but with Norway breaking the deal we had, we have other issues to worry about.

I agree with your critic of your set up. Any set up in Europe can be successful but it takes a group of skilled people working together, communicating well, and willing to make sacrifices for each other. It not so much the countries your playing that is the difference but the people playing them. You can have four players who work well together but if your fifth guy doesn't it can hurt the alliance. Or 3 and two or whatever the case may be.

You guys have played a good game and as a result are now in a commanding position... doesn't mean we're done though???

• 2 weeks later...