Rolling Thunder Forums

1 on 1 :blink: , I recall Italy making a good number of bomb runs to help you out early on in that fight. Hardly a one on one, but still you prevailed so good on you :thumbsup: .

So the question is...Now What???

No one left really for you to fight, except the Russia team. Oh ya, your team is buddy with the Russian team. But they kind of got you boxed in now with Romania right there helping get SR into the region. Yet your Turkish and Persian friends are making a very good buffer for SR to be able to move as far as he has in the time he has done it in.

Just by watching the WE it looks like T-J, Saudi, UAE might be a problem for your friends. Will the Russia team now help your guys out in their time of need. or are you now left to your own devices?? Will you leave the Russians to roll on down the easy road to an almost for sure win?? Or will your own desire to will rule out and compel you to fight the only other forces in the area (Romania & SR)?? I guess we shall have to wait and see. ^_^

Meanwhile Libya makes his way across North Africa with out challenge. Spain, Portugal, USA and Canada try to crowed into France. Can't imagine that working out to well B) .

Norway/Sweden still at war with the North part of the Russian team. Yet oddly, no progression by either side seems to have been made against the other. I thought Nor/Swed were buddy with Poland, but he got rolled rather quickly by NR & BS. Things that make you go hmmmm..... :cheers:

I guess you are taking advantage of the propaganda. Bulgaria got far more help from his allies than I did. Italy bombed him EXACTLY 1 time. Meanwhile, Bulgaria ceding provinces to the network of TA's throughout Europe saved him from elimination 10 turns ago. No reason to have facts get in the way of a good narrative though.

I would like to say that I was not trying to make anything personal out of what I said. But I am also not responsible for how what I say is taken. Rick is right, you should give your TA’s a bit more credit than you do. By my records, Italy made 3 runs before I moved my turn and stop getting reports for Bulgaria. And I totally forgot about Turkey’s early contributions. And the help Bulgaria got was never an issue. So why are you now trying to make it one.

I said what I said because it made a good lead into everything else I said. If you are going to take it personal, I can’t do anything about that. But please good sir, don’t then turn around and tell me how wrong I am if you have nothing to show me where I am wrong.

I assure you, I am not one to let a bad Narrative get in the way of solid facts!!

Yes, this is the propaganda ministry, and I am using it for it’s intended purpose. And while I might not be technically correct on every little tidbit in my statements. I will not overtly and knowingly lie in my posts. As you have tried to infer that is what I have done.

Play Well Good Sir J

ED, Ire99

Battle reports for Bulgaria from Ireland's turn sheets:

Tech6:

Turkey has attacked Bulgaria at xIstanbul with a tactical air strike on Friday, June 17, 2016

Tech7: Aircraft of Turkey were intercepted over Plovdiv by Bulgaria on Friday, July 1, 2016 Tech8: Turkey conducted a coastal bombardment of xBurgas on Friday, July 15, 2016 Tech9: Only Greece attack this round Tech10: Italy has attacked Bulgaria at xMaritsa with a tactical air strike on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Thech11 Italy has attacked Bulgaria at xMaritsa with a tactical air strike on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 Tech12 Only Greece attacks this round Tech13 Italy has attacked Bulgaria at xSofia with a tactical air strike on Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tech14 <No battles were reported this turn>

Tech15 <No battles were reported this turn>

Tech16 <No battles were reported this turn> Tech17 <No battles were reported this turn>

Not to belabor the point, but you must also mention that Yugoslavia and Denmark both did TAS for Bulgaria.

Richard, I think the game was actually won on the first turn of battle. You made a smart move, not knowing the disposition of my forces, by putting your mech divisions on withdrawal in Salonica. Problem was, my infantry and air divisions in the city never could have kicked them out without the withdrawal order, and with Salonica in your hands, Greece would have wilted away and died. Once I got my infantry into the province, you could never retake it.

Either way, a very fun fight, and look forward to the next round!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I should feel honored:pirate2:

It took 3 countries (Baltic, C.Russia, Finland) 7 separate attacks (1 on the way to location, 6 at location) to sink one Irish Fleet. Yes, I lost a lot of ships and a group of SF's. But after all that you still failed, because you didn't get them all. I still have a ship I can bring home. :beer: 

• 1 month later...

My hat is off to the German high command to a fine victory against one of the Central Russia armies invading their homeland. However as the saying goes I am afraid Germany and friends have aroused the giant. All three Russia's and friends are now aligned against the Germans. Much like WWII Germany can stop only some of the Russian hordes. T-34's advance!!!!

Don of Stalingrad 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, don said:

My hat is off to the German high command to a fine victory against one of the Central Russia armies invading their homeland. However as the saying goes I am afraid Germany and friends have aroused the giant. All three Russia's and friends are now aligned against the Germans. Much like WWII Germany can stop only some of the Russian hordes. T-34's advance!!!!

Don of Stalingrad 

Why, thank you, Don! :-) Nothing like eliminating an entire 17 division Army! :-)

As to you and all of your friends now being against me, that's nothing new. You were all aligned against me before, and you are all aligned against me now. Methinks nothing has changed. :-)

I don't doubt your group will eventually wipe out the brave German troops, but it will be interesting for all involved while it happens!

• 4 weeks later...

Well isn't this interesting.  The New Roman Empire has been the subject of a terrorist attack.  Someone has mined the sea zone off Naples.  This type of terrorist act won't be tolerated!  Remnants of the mines are being evaluated now.  The determined mastermind of this terrorist attack will face the rath of Rome!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, don said:

What a phoenix? I thought Tunisia was long dead?  

Had to move my capitol due do para troopers falling out of the sky all over.:angry:

Must build LDB and AA units all across empire.

Czar of Russia

Seems to me that a wee little green dude tried to whisper some words of warning to the Czars. One should never forsake the friendly hand of the shamrock. :cheers: