Rolling Thunder Forums

Few Questions on Game Mechanics

Grand Inquisitor

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longer the line the greater the impact. Long lines on the top stuff, the bad stuff, are generally bad. The bottom lines are your lifeform mods so a long line there is good.

If you atmosphere line is the longest it just means that the atmosphere is the biggest problem. So, research and build a domed city and try it again.

As with all the problems you can either ignore them and suffer the cost, build installations to offset whatever it is, or make species modifications to try and offset the issue.

What is really more important is the final rating for the location. Is it ideal or hostile? Ideal or nearly ideal make it a good colony site. Anything else will likely mean ongoing attrition problems.

for an Andromeda example -

A moderate attrition world allowed me to support 72 colonists and not have any more die than grew each turn. A worse location reduced this even more. As I researched additional tech, this number grew and the installations available to offset attrition were more effective.

Hope this helps.

:)

Anything is possible in Draco, but neither Ringworlds nor Dyson Sphere's materialized in Andromeda. You can do very little to impact a planet. In Andromeda you could use planet cracker devices to blow one up, but that has been stripped form Draco.

My surmise is that there will not be any way to move a planet, or even a moon.

I know folks who frequently use the CSV order to see what is what, however, once you get a feel for it you will rarely NEED to do one. You may want to, but planets all are pretty much the same once you have dialed in the variations as well as what impact the various installations do for you. Down the road the biggest reason to do one is to see what impact a life form mod has had.

Does having multiple survey landers on a ship have any use?

Or multiple Science Labs on a ship?

Landers, no idea, Science Labs will aid in exploration, at least in Andromeda it does, so more the merrier.

TO followup what Hob's said, I gave up on CSV long ago, I just PMAP & GEO. Installations were enough to offset any issues. I did CSV results on a colony, and the CSV numbers got worse after building installations. I do not know why, so I just ignored it.

When you take over a pop group that pop that is already there retains the characteristic of the original race only for the purpose of colonization bonuses like growth rate or resistantance to heat etc. once you actually build troops or colonist out of that pop group they revert back to your racial stats. Only way to achieve what you suggest

Is through species engineering or to have a tough ground troop ally station a

Few hundred million soldiers on his pop group on your planet :). We would be more then happy to provide the latter ;)

Survey landers are supposed to aid in exploration and go hand in hand with science labs. As there is no feedback of any sort, except for results or no results, you will just have to go with what feels good.

Good Luck!

:)

Was wondering about this as well, had an idea to at least provide landers to all my ships... any sugestions on how to test this Idea?