Rolling Thunder Forums

(Draco) Tech Tree Variance

Magus666

So, it seems that the Draco tech tree might be more different that previously thought. There are a few tech breakthroughs that, based on the Andromeda tech tree, I THINK I should be seeing that haven't appeared yet. However, since it has been years since those early Andromeda tech levels (and I don't feel like wasting Orders to Anz or Inst ancient tech), I'm not 100% certain.

Without any spoilers (IE, please don't give Draco information if you have it), can anyone confirm the ANDROMEDA prereqs for the following items:

1st Generation Social Engineering

Fusion Power Generating Station

Here you go.................

1st Generation Social Engineering:

Social Engineering allows field workers to put into practice their understanding of the
basics of social and psychological interactions between members of an intelligent species.

Classification: Horizon Technology

This Item cannot be manufactured, and is either a ground combat upgrade or a prerequisite for other technologies

Prerequisite Technologies: 1st Generation Civil Administration, 2nd Generation Psychology, 3rd Generation Social Science

Fusion Power Plant Complex:

Converts 100 Water into Power. Consumes no Power. Very clean. Slight risk of epic
disaster.

Production requirements: 500,000 Construction Materials

Produces: 10,000 Power

Consumes: 100 Water

Requires: 3rd Generation Civil Engineering as a prerequisite technology
Requires: Improved Processed Radioactives as a prerequisite technology

• 1 month later...

I thought I would chime in. First, I will be giving information only from the free RTD order we get on our set up turns. Note the resources are the differences not all the resources required for each item. I could only find troop Berthing that went up. However with the decrease in steel Troop Berthing Steel cost approximately 7% more. I think that Pete and Russ have given this much thought. Instead of needing more tech we have increase production right at the start. Colonization production just for colony berthings and Cargo Bays gives a nice boost. I recommend the Draco community the changes seem to be awesome.

Rustic Empire 5100 sending you this transmission...

Differences between Andromeda and Draco

Resource Andromeda/Draco

Cargo Bay Steel 5/2

Colonial Berthing Steel 50000/20000

Construction Materials Timber 2/1

Consumer Goods Light Metals 2/1

Electronics Refined Crystals 2/1

Fuel Gaseous Elements 3/1

Fuel Tankage Steel 5/2

Heavy Machinery Steel 3/2

Luxury Goods Precious Metals 2/1

Petroleum Petrochemicals 3/2

Pharmaceuticals Rare Herbs & Spices 3/2

Plant Foods Mineral Fertilizers 3/2

Processed Radioactives Radioactive Elements 3/2

Refined Crystals Crystals 3/2

Steel Iron 3/2

Textiles Fiber 3/2

Timber Lumber 3/2

Troop Berthing Steel 50000/80000

Weapons Iron 2/1

There is no precedence. These things are randomly generated in the universe and follow little rhyme or reason that mere mortals can figure out. Some folks feel lucky to start with many low level WP's while others feel more secure that they are surrounded by high level WP's that will prevent random exploration. In either case, the more you push out the more you will find. Keep pushing and you will eventually find C WP's as well as G, H, and I WP's.

:cheers::cheers:

• 1 year later...

So, has anyone successfully opened the tech tree path to Planetary Gates (and possibly beyond) in Draco? From what I remembered from Andromeda, I thought I was on the right path, but I seem to have hit a dead end, or were Gates one of the things eliminated (along with wormholes) or seriously altered? Can anyone (without digging through 10+ years worth of back turns) confirm what the path to Planetary Gates was IN ANDROMEDA (not giving away any Draco tech secrets! :) )? 

Yup. There are no Gates of any kind in Draco. There are also no Wormhole Generators.

If I recall in Andromeda you had to research Light Shaker Beam( an offshoot of tractor beam tech) and 2nd generation space science to open  up

Mk I Matter Transporter which then had to be researched to Mk III to open Mk I Planetary Gates. You then had to research up to Mk III Personnel Transporter(a line that opened when when you got Mk I Matter Transporter) and that combined with Mk I Planetary Gate tech would open Mk I Universal Gate tech

All this tech is gone from Draco. Your gonna have to transport your colonists, troops, items and resources around the galaxy the ole fashioned way.

On the plus side RTG hasnt taken away without replacing and all players shoud have found that out by now.:D

On 2/2/2016 at 10:29 AM, Magus666 said:

So, it seems that the Draco tech tree might be more different that previously thought. There are a few tech breakthroughs that, based on the Andromeda tech tree, I THINK I should be seeing that haven't appeared yet. However, since it has been years since those early Andromeda tech levels (and I don't feel like wasting Orders to Anz or Inst ancient tech), I'm not 100% certain.

Without any spoilers (IE, please don't give Draco information if you have it), can anyone confirm the ANDROMEDA prereqs for the following items:

1st Generation Social Engineering

Fusion Power Generating Station

BTW That Fusion Power Generating Station got a bit of an upgrade in Draco:cheers:

While I thought gates and WHG’s were extremely useful in Andromeda I can see why they were eliminated in Draco. 

We can now have actual borders with our neighbors and real battle lines/fronts. 

Also RTG hasn’t pulled the rug out completely just mostly? They have added tech to allow very efficient movement of cargo. ?

I would not go so far as to think it will be any easier to have borders in Draco.  It was never gates and WHG's that made borders in Andromeda hard to have and nothing has changed that in Draco.

The biggest change in Draco is that you can't bug out and it is a much slower and complicated prospect to concentrate your assets. this invites the slow nibbling away at an enemy who can't defend every front.

:)