Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Alert!

Glamdring

I was also attacked this turn by a DMX fleet of 1 Battleship, 3 heavy cruisers and a minelayer. Unfortunately, my picket ship was overwhelmed and only managed to destroy the minelayer. My ship was picketing the only warp point out of a system with a CORE fleet.

Two turns ago, an empire (not one of mine) attacked a CORE fleet with a single ship to check it was unchanged in strength. Nothing had changed from the standard ships, so he attacked with his fleet on the next turn. When he arrived, there was an additional fleet of a battleship, 3 heavy cruisers and a minelayer. He was able to destroy this fleet plus the CORE fleet, losing less than half of his fleet in the process.

It looks to me that last turn, all CORE fleets generated this new standard Battleship fleet, and then sent it out this turn. If that is true, then I would expect there to be a CORE fleet 1 AP away from where Glamdring was attacked.

As to how to defeat a CORE fleet, have a look at its stats. For all its firepower, it has a significant weakness that can be exploited.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Lord Deependra said:

It looks to me that last turn, all CORE fleets generated this new standard Battleship fleet, and then sent it out this turn. If that is true, then I would expect there to be a CORE fleet 1 AP away from where Glamdring was attacked.

My battle was as you suspect at a system that I am searching for a CORE fleet.  Only 4 more worlds to search but I was sure he is here in the Torre system. Given your theory the DMX generated the fleet here at a still unknown world in Torre last turn and moved it to WP 62387 triggering the battle this turn.

Alien Fleet Sighting : Torre Warp Point # 62387 [in-system move by empire # 9999]
[Warp Point # 62387 is known to lead to the Rockford system]

There is no way he could have jumped in from Rockford given this message I presume???

I am so toast....

Hi, Mr. DM minelayer. Sorry about the bumping caused by your running over my little orbital Installation here at this warppoint IN MY HOME SYSTEM. You have come at an awkward time considering I only had 15 cycle or so to build on my little corner of the universe. A bit ahead of me in tech you are so my ability to show you a good time will be limited. And how many of your bigger friends are going to following in your wake? Probably don't have enough party favors for a good time but still, let's dance....

sigh....😕 Welcome to Armageddon...

55 minutes ago, Sandarbian said:

I am so toast....

. And how many of your bigger friends are going to following in your wake? Probably don't have enough party favors for a good time but still, let's dance....

sigh....😕 Welcome to Armageddon...

My sympathies but they are quite beatable.  you will not find this a death sentence but but you definitely have to prepare the right defenses.

I am so curious to see if the minelayer turns around and leaves or if it starts investigating each of your worlds.  Keep us up to date in your struggle.   I would wish you good luck but you won't need it, the DMX are big but clumsy.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Baby Seal Clubbing School! We specialize in clubbing the youngest of the empires with the least tech around so as to discourage the kiddies from growing up. Yes we send 6 light cruiser to join a minelayer so as to absolutely crush a newly emerging lifeform in a warppoint battle. Yes folks, 1,175,000 tons of naval inferiority complex blown to stardust. Hehe, can't let these punk biological lifeforms think they can push us around so of course we have brought along these 5400 fusion bomb eggs. Now where to lay them.....

🤨

• 1 month later...

I have met the enemy (DMX #9999) and though I look like I got ran over by a run away train, you should see the other guy!!

Battle was at the warp point that they enter my home system, and apparently camped out at.

In the metal head corner we have 1 minelayer and 6 light cruisers, sporting Selenite Battle Weave, Pulse Laser CIDS, and Light Sonic Disruptors, and the Burst Mine Racks of course. In the Baby Seal corner we have 12 Assault Frigates, 3 Heavy Cruisers, and a Bantam Assault Carrier in a pear tree....sorry lost the train of thought there...sporting the lesser Titanium Composite Armor but weapons were on par power wise. Baby Seals had Fighters and Drones, Tin Men had mines. 

Final tally:

Machine Heads - 7 destroyed ships

Baby Seals - Assault Frigates: 5 crippled/5 destroyed; Heavy Cruisers: 1 Light Damage/1 Medium Damage;  Bantam Assault Carrier: 1 destroyed

So killed 7, lost 6, and once again in control of Warp Point. 

Really don't understand a lot of the wheres' and whys' of the battle. 

And I don't see a mechanism to separate damaged from undamaged ships when doing a RN. Soooo....footwork and misdirection I guess.

Ut mea gramina!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't. Kinda makes me wonder what happens if a DMX sector gets completely cleared out. Does another mother fleet appear from the DMX Zone and set up shop? If not, eventually all the DMX sectors will be wiped out. I wonder what mechanism Pete has put into the game to keep the DMX around for the entire game......

• 2 months later...

I'm the Overlord of Empire #6632 Pahk Construct. Allies have told me DMX is assigning commanders to fleets. I bumped into DMX Core 996 this cycle (6/6/19) and there was no commander on fleet. I haven't hit DMX with a warship yet. Might be a factor. I've run into 3 different Core sector patrols. So far only EX4M, 4KS, and HK7B ships (other than Core) with no commanders.