Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Alert!

Glamdring

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The retreat of the DMX has begun. The enemy has been defeated and I retain enough strength on the battlefield to take out another force of enemy Light Cruisers or one Heavy cruiser.

I am rather surprised that given the enemy advantage in Fire Control that he did not concentrate of of his fire on a single ship. Damage to my Cruisers was 17.6%, 6.1% and 4.06%.

Now I have to get some more ships in the other two regions I have spotted the DMX. My pathfinders must be avenged!

Battle Location.............in a Galaxy far,far away.

Side 1
[1] 1 EX4M class ML..................................................1 Destroyed
[1] 3 K4S class CL.....................................................3 Destroyed

Side 2
[1] 1Lanthanum class CCA...................................................................1 Minor
[1] 2 Lanthanum Azure class CCA........................................................2 Minor

**MINOR DAMAGE** CCA Lanthanum (Command Cruiser - 889,100 tons) [integrity: 4,554,024 / 4,849,100] [shields: 0 / 2,000]

**MINOR DAMAGE** CCA Lanthanum Azure (Command Cruiser - 891,400 tons) [integrity: 3,997,619 / 4,851,400] [shields: 0 /
2,000] (Green, Timid)

**MINOR DAMAGE** CCA Lanthanum Azure (Command Cruiser - 891,400 tons) [integrity: 4,654,790 / 4,851,400] [shields: 0 /
2,000] (Green, Timid)

The higher FC of the DMX fleets allows them to target more enemy ships but not necessarily the same ship with their damage blobs. Flag bridges have a higher chance of doing that. Now that you have shown you can defeat their smaller ships let's see if they up the ante and come at you with more powerful vessels.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont assume anything. I might have been Death Machines and then again it might not have been. :)

Turns out the culprit was empire #7000, Guardians of the Rift. Happily their ship ran into the first Tambopata Dominion warship heading for Zhupan and was duly dispatched. Perhaps the Guardians of the Rift might like to talk before gaining more combat experience?

DMX Assault Round 2:

Side 1
[1] 3 K4S class CL..................................................3 Destroyed
Side 2
[1] 1 Lanthanum class CCA..................................................1 Minor
[1] 2 Lanthanum Azure class CCA..................................................2 Minor

This battle should clear them out of this system. I moved to a new warp point that I believe is their entry point into this system and found these three light cruisers. I suspect they will be sending a force of Heavy cruisers but I can dream that they just keep throwing light cruisers at me.

• 3 weeks later...

All the same sector.

------------------------------- ** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle ** ------------------------------------------
Death Machines # 9999 [Metallic Sphere Orbiting Dead World]
X0614-1 [ROE: Z] *EXBIO* (Fleet Tonnage: 60,000)
[Deploy Location 1] 1 ML EX4M (Minelayer - 60,000 tons [each])
<11,760 Fuel>
X0614-5 [ROE: Z] *EXBIO* (Fleet Tonnage: 60,000)
[Deploy Location 1] 1 ML EX4M (Minelayer - 60,000 tons [each])
<11,760 Fuel>
K0614-1 [ROE: Z] *EXBIO* (Fleet Tonnage: 674,100)
[Deploy Location 1] 3 CL K4S (Light Cruiser - 224,700 tons [each])
<132,304 Fuel>--<2,700 Fusion Bomb>--<30 System Beacon>
K0614-3 [ROE: Z] *EXBIO* (Fleet Tonnage: 674,100)
[Deploy Location 1] 3 CL K4S (Light Cruiser - 224,700 tons [each])
<132,304 Fuel>--<2,700 Fusion Bomb>--<30 System Beacon>

----- Post-Battle Damage Assessment Report-----
Side 1
[1] 2 EX4M class ML..................................................2 Destroyed
[1] 6 K4S class CL..................................................6 Destroyed

• 4 weeks later...