Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Alert!

Glamdring

How about this

Find DMX orbital platform(s)

Get defeated for a very long time since the platforms are in the XXXXXX of tons (big)

Finally destroy platform

What? No pop group, no ground battles, no spoils???

Meanwhile

Neighbors see you are distracted

Build lots of ships

Wait until you are committed

Attack HW

Capture HW

endgame.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I destroyed another 3 light cruisers and a minelayer this turn, plus I think I have found a Death Machine home system. Unfortuantely, it has 23 planets so it will take a while to search the system for their base(s).

Here is what you will find:

Alien Fleet Sighting : Hopedale - 1 [in-system move by empire # xxxx]

DMX Death Machines # 9999 'Metallic Sphere Orbiting Dead World'

[Zulu] CORE0617

1 OMP SFAC-88 (Orbital Mining Platform - 1,200,000,000 tons)

12 BM MRS1 (Monitor - 2,500,000 tons) [each]

6 BB B4M (Battleship - 4,000,000 tons) [each]

The evidence suggests that no one can deal with this enemy until they have Trizenium Flex Plate and some advanced weapons. Furthermore, I see no evidence of DMX troop berthings and I have no reason to believe that there is any Population,troops, or Installations of any kind on the lonely Terrestrial world with a Vacuum atmosphere where I found this DMX Core world.

I won't bore anyone with the descriptions of these ships but if you have any juicy gossip or information maybe we could trade info.

Are any of the older hands from Andromeda ready to say if this kind of force was typical in the early years of that Galaxy?

I was just started exploring a new system, that is claimed by my local franchise of the DMX. I appear to have uncovered a trend. These are the worlds of this new system:

1 Asteroid Field 0.6 1 Vacuum
2 Terrestrial 0.9 5404 Vacuum
3 Terrestrial 1.2 9373 Vacuum

The trend of Terrestrial worlds with a vacuum atmosphere in these DMX claimed systems leads me to theorize that the OMP (Orbital Mining Platforms) are moving from world to world and system to system. They are destroying all planets that might support lifeforms.

If that theory is correct are they doing it with a specific kind of weapon or is it in the code? I saw no particular weapon on the OMP that could do this damage so I believe it is in the code. Perhaps they stay on a world for two turns (more or less) and it is blighted and then start the process anew elsewhere.

The blockade theory will be toast. God help your ships when the OMP decides to move through the warp gate to a new system and you stand in its way.

I will drop down to one of these planets and do a GEO and ORB and see what clues can be gleamed, assuming my pathfinder can evade the enemy yet again. I wonder if the OMP strips a world of all minerals and reduce the yields to Zero.

Does anyone for the early days of Andromeda know the workings of the OMP's and the movements of the DMX OMP's?

Did the OMP have a mode of propulsion?

Hmmm..........I did not check my records closely enough! No the OMP has no Propulsion or fuel tanks.

My theory will need a bit of modification. The possibilities are:

1. The OMP is producing a yet unseen ship(s) capable of rendering worlds lifeless and is sending them out from its core world.. The Light cruisers loaded with WMD do not appear to be candidates

2. The OMP is using unknown technology to move about ( i.e. code abilities or magic).

3. It is just random chance that I am seeing these terrestrial worlds with no atmosphere in close proximity to each other in DMX space

I am open to other ideas but these appear to be the only explanations of my observations.

A more plausible theory is that you have stumbled across the main DMX production facility for that sector DMX. Once eliminated the DMX won't be able to produce any more ships in that sector and can be hunted down and destroyed.

The trick is to take down that beast. As you had mentioned before it will take some pretty advanced weapons and armor to hang in the fight long enough for victory.

A more plausible theory is that you have stumbled across the main DMX production facility for that sector DMX.

No, thats not it........clearly the Core world is at Hopedale-1. This is a world nearby Hopedale-1 (as yet I have not mapped out the connection) but is claimed by the same DMX Group as Hopedale-1

I have a system that has a terrestrial with a vacuum

Orbit Type Orb Distance(AU's) Diameter (km) Atmosphere

1 Terrestrial 0.4 10288 Vacuum

2 Gas Giant 0.8

2a Asteroid Belt 6568 Vacuum

There are other asteroids in this system with vacuum and I have another system with a Terrestrial as a vacuum.

I could be wrong but nothing might be wrong. However, if I am wrong then have a look it might be neat to see what the DMX are doing.