Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Alert!

Glamdring

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The mysteries yet to be uncovered is the process of how the DMX Sector Commands give birth to new fleets. We know nothing of the rate of production that we can expect. What upgrades will be given to future ships and at what rate will we see improvement?

Tactically we have yet to get an indication of how the DMX will deploy its future fleets. Will they send new improved fleets in the direction of areas they have had significant losses or will they send new fleets into areas they have had victories. In a nutshell, will they reinforce success or will they reinforce failures?

We have much to learn and a LONG time before we will have the resources to mount attacks on the enemy Core forces.

Do Andromeda players have any input on what the future holds (assuming Draco DMX are similar to Andromeda DMX)?

There were the DMX and another race called the Plekton that showed up here and there but nothing like Draco. My suspicion is that there will be yet another 'trigger' that will be set off once the first OMP goes down. The Tckon may then deem us worthy and return to help them reclaim their vast empire :)

• 2 weeks later...

Having just started playing, anyone able to provide me a decent warship setup to deal with a basic DMX fleet?

Anything with any combination of armor or weapon strength greater than the enemy total defense and attack power will carry the day. Don't dwell on details, just get sufficient armor and weapons.

The biggest concern is guessing how many enemy ships you will face. The have been seen in packs of 3 or 6 light cruisers and now we are starting to see a heavy cruiser added to the mix. Zero, one, or two minelayers can also be in the fleet. I guess you prepare for the worst and hope for the best if you don't have recon ships ahead of your fleet.

I would say DMX are not the real threat I have the second empire within three of my empire. The first one made it to my home system. All the theories that ships won't make it to your homeworld is a bunch of foolishness. AP 1 ensures they will.